Quote

Quote

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Day

Our first really big day back at school and it snows! Can you believe it? I can hardly believe this is our second snow with accumulation this season!! This just doesn't happen a lot 'round these parts. We managed to still get in a good day of school and enjoy the snow with the help of Daddy who got to stay home since his school was closed! Whoo Hoo!!!

Here's a few pictures. I tried to get a little creative and artsy with some of these. I use to dabble a bit in photography, but that was long, long ago. Now I don't have the time or equipment, but one day I will get into it again. I was inspired by the photographer who took pictures for the Karrs. She actually uses photography as a ministry! She spent a lot of time at the hospital with the Karrs, even having to find a sitter for her own children. I could see myself doing something like she does one day. Thank you Kelly. If you are looking for a great photographer, please look up Kelly ~ Kelly Clark Baugher Photography.





What I lack in time and equipment, I make up for in inspiration. Wouldn't you agree?

Here's my little snow bunnies!!




Of course no day is complete for Luke without a little shooting action. Grace surprised us by wanting to shoot with him. Which really is a big surprise since she isn't very outdoorsy and doesn't like to get cold!! Don't worry, they were only shooting cans and were closely supervised!


Luke on the other hand never, never, no not ever, tires of the great outdoors!





On another note, my heart is so heavy for the Karrs. I've not mentioned them here in the past few days, but that's not because I've forgotten them. In fact the first thing I thought of when I woke up to snow this morning was that Janie Beth was not here to see this. The Lord gently reminded me a little later that she's not missing a thing! It's just us missing her, and oh how she is being missed these days. Please join me in continuing to lift the Karr family up in prayer.

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Psalm 30:5

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful snow! We had just about the same amount. Loved the 'artsy' pictures, thought they turned out really neat! I know next to nothing about photography, but I always try too. Glad your school year is off to a great start an you got to enjoy the snow!

    ps. I made my blog public, you should be able to add it to your list now :)

    ReplyDelete