Quote

Quote

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Baby's First Picture, About 6 Weeks


Please forgive me for taking so long to give a full update. We are so thankful for all the prayers that are being offered up on our behalf. Yesterday before starting the ultrasound, our nurse Jeanette (one of my new favorite people!!) cautioned us that we may not see a baby or heartbeat yet. She told us it could still be too early. She encouraged us not to think the worse or jump to conclusions if we didn't see these things yet. But I knew that typically at 6 weeks, you can see these things. I had been all over the place with my emotions, and yesterday I was still anxious but very hopeful. Wesley admits, he was not expecting good news. So it began, and instantly - BABY!! Then - HEARTBEAT!! We were thrilled. Jeanette was surprised. Wesley and I were glued to the image of our sweet little baby on the screen. Mrs. Mathis joined us for the ultrasound, and she was crying. It was very exciting!! So far, everything looks "picture perfect", and our little baby is measuring perfectly!! I did ask Jeanette to look around and find us a second "bun", but she could not find one. We will gladly accept one little bun!! As far as the bleeding goes, she said it's just one of those great mysteries. It's actually gotten a lot better in the past couple of days. I'm blessed to have doctors and nurses who genuinely care. I'll be going back for weekly ultrasounds for quite awhile. Thank you again for praying for us!!

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
Psalm 139:14

7 comments:

  1. What a precious gift!! Congratulations! Love, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! I am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so excited for you guys and grateful for the good report. Keep me updated :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little butter bean!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! This is wonderful news! I'm so pleased for y'all! Congratulations! I'll continue to keep y'all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete