Quote

Quote

Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy 100th Day!!!!

Today is our 100th day of school this year!!! Only 70 more to go!!!! It's been a good day. We've not really celebrated in any way. But, it's not to late! Saturday Grace and Mary Ruth worked together on a school project. They made their own cookie dough from scratch!! They measured everything, preheated the oven correctly, even cracked the eggs!! I stood close by and supervised, but they really did it all. The cookies turned out really good, and we still have some leftover cookie dough in the frig. I'm thinking today is a good day to enjoy some more of those!!!

Today is also Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. We detoured slightly from our regular activities to learn more about who Martin Luther King, Jr. was and why we have this day in his honor. We also enjoyed a little bit of this nice weather and got outside. I'm curious as to where all my homeschool friends are in their school year. If you homeschool, please leave me a comment or email and let me know what day you are on. Also more details about our "Minor" trivia question coming soon! Stay tuned!!!

3 comments:

  1. I don't have my book with me but we are at about 100. Moriah did lesson 98 today, but she has a few more days than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're not homeschooling, but Riley's school is having a 100 days of school party and they are to dress like 100 year olds. I'm super excited for his party (which parents attend) and to get his costume put together for him. AND the suspense is killing me! Tell us already :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 103 as of yesterday

    Heather Brock

    (I haven't been commenting because, for some reason, my Google account won't work on your blog. So I'll be anonymous. : ) )

    ReplyDelete