Quote

Quote

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Skippin' School

Today has been a really nice day. I had planned for yesterday to be somewhat of a in service day, so that I could get all my ducks in a row to start today. Today was scheduled to be the first day of the second semester. But, guess what? We skipped school today!!! :)

Luke and Wesley have been in desperate need of a haircut. They really needed one before Christmas, but it's been so busy! This was the first day that we've really been able to work it out. Luke was going to be gone right in the middle of the morning, so I just said let's wait one more day. We are a little bit ahead of where we need to be, so it will be fine. It also worked out well because yesterday I really didn't get prepared like I needed to. So I've spent a good part of today doing that. As I've been planning, I've gotten really excited about starting back!!

Sidebar, Wesley has been sporting the same style now which I love and think really suites him since 2002. I've been encouraging him to change it up a bit. So he's decided a new decade calls for a new look. It's nothing drastic just a subtle little change, but I think it looks really good on him. (Thanks Ms. Carolyn for keeping my guys looking good!!!) I didn't get a picture of Wesley earlier today, but I will have to take one and to a before and after post. :)

Ok getting back to what I was writing about, we are going to be doing some really fun new things in school this semester, and I am really excited!! The thing that I'm most excited about is that Wesley and I have decided that the entire family is going to either listen or read through the Bible this year. We haven't started the kids just yet, because we really just decide yesterday that this would be a family thing. We've got a gift certificate and we are going to purchase the Bible on CD this weekend and get started right away. We are also going to get a little more into Science and History. Of course I'm really very excited about all this now, because planning is what I do best. Implementing is a bit harder, so we will see how it all goes.

Tomorrow won't be a regular day either. We will have school, but we also have somewhat of a field trip to attend with Bright Lights (our preschool homeschool group). Tomorrow we are having a Community Helpers Day and several different community helpers will be speaking to us about how they serve the community and how we can help. I think it's going to be a lot of fun. We recently been reading through a book about Community Helpers, and now it's time to see them up close and personal!

I've got a billion things to do, so I must go for now but I'm so proud of myself for doing a quick light-hearted post!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you too, and skipping school, WOW! That's big. : )I hope you have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete