Quote

Quote

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

More Answers

Several people have asked if the dates in our trivia question were birthdays. I forgot to answer that one in the last post. They were not birthdays. They were the original due dates of each of our children.

Another statement/question I get regularly (like every time I leave my house) goes something like this, "you sure do have your hands full". I heard a great response to that from a friend recently. "Yes, I have my hands full, but my heart is even more full!" I love that! That's my new answer.

My heart is full in a way I cannot describe. I'm sure many of you know that fullness. But there is also a heaviness for several people in my life. If you've ever struggled with fertility or experienced the loss of a baby, you know that sometimes hearing this kind of news can be hard. I can remember feeling a bit of a sting soon after my first loss when a close friend announced that she was pregnant. I was genuinely happy for her, but it still hurt just a little. God has placed several people in my life for whom hearing this latest news was a little difficult. Each one of these people are truly happy for me, but are wrestling with their current circumstances. I bet many of you know people who are also in this position. Let's remember to pray for each other. If you are one of those people in my life, please know that I will try to be sensitive and please know that I'm praying for you!!

One final question I've been asked is what does this mean for our hopes of adopting. Wesley and I still feel a call to adopt internationally. We've prayed and asked God to show us His timing for this. Obviously that is not now, but it doesn't change our desire at all. We totally see international adoption in our future! We will continue to seek Him and look to Him to show us His perfect timing!

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

(I prefer KJV, but I memorized this a long time ago in NIV and it is forever in my mind this way.)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! This is wonderful news! Hayley told me first and was so excited. Then I couldn't wait to read the blog. We will be praying for you, the baby, and all the rest. Can't wait!
    I noticed the beautiful new "do" Sunday evening at church. Looks lovely- keep the new do, color, hairdresser! Thumbs up to everything!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! I am so happy for you guys!!!! The world needs more of your sweet spirit!

    Flo

    ReplyDelete