Quote

Quote

Thursday, September 30, 2010

All In A Day's Work

I got out of the house for the first time for real today. I've taken Elizabeth to a couple of weight checks/doctor appts, and I've dropped kids off and not really gotten out. But today I packed up and really got out. I hadn't planned to get out with Elizabeth this early but duty calls. It seems impossible to really stay at home as long as I would like.

It all started with a GREAT nights sleep!!! Let me just say that our sweet baby girl slept last night from about 11 PM until 5 AM this morning!!!! Isn't that amazing?!! Even more amazing is that I nursed her at 5 AM, then again at 6 Am, then she slept until 10:30 AM!!!! Totally amazing!! I just hope that all that sleeping doesn't negatively affect my milk supply. I have a tendency to have supply issues.

BTW - sidebar here - I forgot to put this in the 2 week report. Elizabeth nurses about every 2 hours throughout the day. She will occasionally have a 3-4 hour stretch during the day but not often. At night she has been sleeping for about a 4 hour stretch and then she's back up every couple hours. All and all, the nights aren't too bad. Every 2 hours during the day is a little hard with 4 other children, homeschool, and many, many other household responsibilities, but I know it's just a season. I also know that it will pass by in a blink. I'm trying to enjoy every aspect.

Now back to the original post. So I got a good nights sleep. Got up and opened the windows to enjoy a beautiful day. Had a good day of school (thanks Heather for the encouraging email about school). Remained mostly sane and kept my cool almost all day long. And then we all packed up and headed out for dance and Boy Scouts.

I dropped Luke off to Wesley at work so that he would not have to sit through the girl's dance lesson. Then while the girls were at dance, me, Bella Peace, and Elizabeth watched from a back corner of the room. I had Elizabeth in my Moby wrap and kept her well hidden to protect her from a lot of contact and exposure to germs. This was one of my first times to really use my wrap, and I really liked it!! It all went pretty well in my opinion.

After dance all the Minor girls came home to a warm dinner waiting for us in the crock pot. The Minor boys went to Scouts and joined us later.

End report = Good Day!!

The only negative to this report is that just before bedtime, I noticed that Bella Peace wasn't quite herself. She woke up today with a runny nose (a really yucky runny nose), but that was her only symptom. Tonight when I noticed that she was just laying around a lot, I checked on her and discovered that she had a low grade temperature. I hate that apparently she's caught something. I also hate that I had her out tonight not knowing that she was not well. I'm praying that whatever is going on with her doesn't get shared with anyone else!!!

No pictures today, too busy for that. OK, hoping for another good nights sleep and another good day for tomorrow!!

1 comment: