Quote

Quote

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

39 Weeks, 8 Days, and "Prime"!!!

I'm sooooo very excited right now!!! I just got home from my doctor's appointment, and today's appointment was much more encouraging than last weeks. So here's the scoop:

I'm 39 weeks tomorrow! And we've moved up the day that I will be induced if I don't go on my on!! 8 DAYS, my Friends!!! I will FINALLY get to meet, hold, smell, hug, cuddle, and kiss my sweet baby girl in 8 days or less!!!! AND less is totally possible, because I've progressed a little bit more and Dr. C says I'm "prime" to go on my own!!! Of course that doesn't mean that it will happen, but last week we were hardly even considering the notion!

Today I'm 2 cm dilated and about 50-60% effaced. That may not sound like much to some, but for me it's really good. I usually go late, and don't really show much if any progress until at or after my due date!! In fact I do remember that with Bella Peace I was pretty much nothing at my 39 week appointment. Also, you must know that Dr. C is EXTREMELY conservative in every way, including with these kind of numbers. He and I have quite a history. He's checked me before immediately behind a nurse and given me much lower numbers. So, his 2 could really be a 4!! I LOVE this about him though! He's the best doctor, and I would ask for anything to be any different.

Again today, everything looked perfect in every way! Ultrasound is projecting Elizabeth to be around 8 lbs. That's really big for my babies! I'm praying that if that number is true, she's not going to get much bigger in the next 8 days!!!

I'm always concerned when I get this close about whether or not induction is best. I've prayed about this decision with each child. I've also asked the Lord to make the decision clear. I feel really good and at peace with the idea of inducing next week should we get there. First, I feel this is best in light of my concerns about Elizabeth getting too big. After all, I do have gestational diabetes. Secondly, I am still waiting until my due date. Dr. C was willing to go a little earlier if I wanted to. Thirdly, Dr. C will be taking some days off as of next Friday, September 17th. I really desire to be delivered by him especially with my history and circumstances. Based on this, we are going to induce on the last day possible. I would totally love to go on my own and not be induced and will pray about that happening, but I will also walk in with confidence should that not be the case.

So I will be admitted next Wednesday night around 10 PM on Sept 15th and we will start preparing for a delivery on my due date, September 16, 2010!!

PRAISE THE LORD!!

I've got so much I want to share but no time left!! Hopefully more later!

2 comments: