Quote

Quote

Friday, September 10, 2010

Sweetness

We've just got home from a field trip and boy am I wore out!!!! I told the kids on the way home that Mommy absolutely had to get a nap today. I almost never nap in the middle of the day anymore except occasionally on the weekends when Wesley is home. I'm usually just too busy to take a nap, but also I don't like to sleep when I know that the kiddos are awake. We all have about an hour of rest time everyday. During this time usually only Bella Peace sleeps. Luke, Grace, and Mary Ruth do quiet activities in their room on their bed. It's a great time for independent reading, a craft, coloring, etc. Even then, the fact that I know they are awake prevents me from indulging in a nap. Crazy, because I know they would be fine. Today however, I am about to take a nap!! So very exciting!! But first I just wanted to capture the sweetness of the moment. So no one put up a fuss about naptime today. I told them that I had to nap and therefore I really wanted them to nap also. I know they need it too. It's been a busy week, and they've been up past bedtime the last two nights. When we got home, I instructed them to go potty, change clothes if they so desire, and get comfy and snug in their beds. They all did it with no resistance. I can tell when they are really going to sleep or not, and today everyone seems serious. The girls stripped down to a t-shirt and panties (let's face it ladies, isn't that the best!!) and cuddled deep into their covers. Bella Peace was already out from the car ride home and easily transitioned into her bed. When I laid her down, she instantly rolled over into her favorite sleep postion - all curled up on her tummy with her little bottom up in the air. And Luke climbed the later to the top bunk. Ahhhhhhh, it's so sweet to see everyone snug in bed. Naps are the greatest, and we just don't see enough of them these days!! OK, I'm eating up my naptime so that's all for now. I will have my countdown prayer request later today! Go catch a nap, if you can!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment