Quote

Quote

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

38 Weeks, NO, and 19 Days

OK, so tomorrow I'm 38 weeks. The answer to yesterday's question according to my doc is, "NO" labor is most likely not eminent! :( And if I don't go into labor on my own, I will be induced in 19 days on September 20th. My due date is September 16th.

I had an appointment this morning. All is well according to an ultrasound and a non stress test. Elizabeth is looking and measuring great! Great heartbeat, averaging in around 150 bpm. Great movement. Fluid is at a great level. My blood pressure is great. We are praising the Lord for this great report!!

The ultrasound indicates that Elizabeth is head down as she should be. It estimates her weight at 7 lbs 10 ozs. If I do have to wait 19 more days, I'm hoping that number is a little high, and that she doesn't get too big in there while we wait!!

According to my exam, I am just starting to dilate and am less than 1 cm. I'm about 30% effaced, and baby is at about - 3 station. So unless my water breaks, I'm probably not going to have this baby in the very near future. I wish I could remember exactly how this stacks up to my other babies, but I don't remember exact specifics on everyone. I have journaled some with all the kiddos, but I looked last night and I didn't record exam details for everyone. I'm glad that I'm blogging this time, because I will always have these details.

Well if I'm going to be waiting a bit longer, at least I'm feeling great! I did have a period of time yesterday that I did not feel so good, but that was really the first day that I had not felt OK. For the most part I do feel very good. I'm not especially uncomfortable or tired. I have trouble sleeping, but miraculously I manage well on little sleep. I do remember that with some of the other babies, I was feeling pretty miserable at this point.

I'm still holding out hope that we might go a little early. I'm so excited and ready to meet this new little one, but I must remember that a healthy baby and mommy are what matter most!!

Here are a couple of my verses that I like to remember for this time:

Wait of the Lord: be or good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. Psalm 27:14

and this one:

My times are in thy hand: deliver me... Psalm 31:15

The rest of that verse speaks of being delivered from enemies and persecution, but I like to think of it in terms of childbirth. But even thinking of it as deliverance from my enemies can apply. I need to be delivered from enemies such as discontentment, impatience, my desire to control things, my unbelief and lack of trust in His perfect timing, etc.

Well that's all for now. I forgot to get a picture earlier today, but I'm going to try to remember to get one later on this afternoon. If I get it, I will add it to this post!

1 comment:

  1. I will pray my contractions onto you. :) Glad everything is looking good, especially dear Elizabeth!!

    ReplyDelete