Quote

Quote

Thursday, September 9, 2010

7 Days of Prayer

I began this day with only 7 days or less until I get to meet my sweet baby girl. Folks, I can't tell you how excited I am. There just aren't words. I know I've been down this road a few times, but each time seems to just get sweeter and sweeter. Maybe after the loss of three babies I have also gained a greater appreciation for the miracle of child birth, the miracle of life. I'm not naive anymore. I lost. I've grieved with friends who have lost. I know things can go wrong. Full term healthy babies can die during childbirth. I'm not trying to be pessimistic or morbid. I just know that it can and does happen. I'm also not living in deep fear, worry, or dread. I have "faith" that God has a good and perfect plan for me, Elizabeth, and our family. And, I'm praying. Praying a lot. In light of this, I'm going to post a specific prayer request each day until Elizabeth is born. I should have started this weeks ago. 7 days is hardly enough!! Please take a second as you read this and join me in praying.

Here's today's prayer:

I'm asking the Lord to protect me and Elizabeth throughout the next few days and during childbirth. I'm asking Him to let Elizabeth be born in perfect health. I'm praying that she will not need any medical assistance or intervention of any kind. I don't want to have to share her with the NICU at all for any reason. Have I mentioned I want her in my arms!!

Thanks for praying with me, my dear sweet Friends!!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I love it! And I will pray this exact thing for you and sweet baby Elizabeth. I am blessed to be your friend!

    ReplyDelete