Quote

Quote

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Nursing, Sleep, and Praise

I've just finished nursing Elizabeth. She is a champion nurser!!! It's going really well. (Warming, TMI coming up.) My nipples always really hurt in the beginning, so I can't wait for that to pass. But otherwise, it really is going great! I think she would nurse 24/7 if I let her. I can't wait for my milk to come in. My nurse just reminded me that I need to significantally increase my fluids. I had forgotten that. How did I forget that?!! I instantly sent Wesley down the hall for more water. Come on, milk!!!

So last night was one of the best nights of sleep I've had in quite a while. I dozed off and on after our last company left about 9:00 PM until around 11:00 when I decided that it was for real bedtime. I nursed Elizabeth and did my official bedtime routine and actually had all lights off by 12:00 midnight. I was up again from about 2-3 AM nursing again. Then, again around 5:00 AM. That doesn't sound like a good nights sleep, but it feels great to me considering what I have been getting lately!!!

Sometime soon I will share more pictures and birth details. For now, I just want to brag on the Lord and say how good He has been to us!! He has answered so many prayers big and little surrounding Elizabeth's birth and delivery. I'm so grateful!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! I'm so glad to hear all of this, especially the good nursing stuff. :) Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete