Quote

Quote

Monday, September 13, 2010

Are We Having A Baby Today????

So this morning I got up with an agenda!! I've only slept about 3 hours the past 2 nights. When I did wake this morning, I decided it was time. Wesley was going to be home in the morning, so I took to walking. And I walked hard in our neighborhood!! When I returned back home, sure enough I was having contractions. Very strong contractions. So I decided to keep pushing and start getting ready. My contractions have not stopped all day. They've not always been extremely intense (although much of the time they have been), and they are not extremely predictable. But, I'm still having them and they are getting closer together. So here's my dilemma. If I were to stop moving and lay down and rest, would they stop? It's totally possible. But, I don't want them to stop. I've talked to the my doctor who has given me the green light to come on in to the hospital anytime I get ready. I just don't want to have any regrets. I don't want to look back and feel that I manipulated the situation too much. If I get to the hospital and everything completely stops, it's still very likely that my doctor would won't to go ahead and keep me. So I'm taking a minute to sit down and evaluate the situation. I'm praying that God will make clear to me that this is the right time.

On another note, my countdown prayer request for today is actually not for me or Elizabeth. Today I am praying and asking you to join me in praying for all the people we know for whom childbirth can be bittersweet. There are many in my circle of family and friends who rejoice over a new birth while inwardly suffering from the pain of a loss, miscarriage, or from infertility. You know who you are, please know that I love each of you and I'm praying for you today!! I've been the one who genuinely looked lovingly on a new mother and a newborn baby with great joy while my heart felt like it was breaking into with my own grief over losing my baby. I love you, Dear Friends!! No matter what your situation, God knows. He loves you. And He has a good and perfect plan for you!!

Additional as mentioned before pray for wisdom for me this day!

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment