Quote

Quote

Friday, April 23, 2010

What's For Dinner?

We had a fun but busy day around the house today. We just finished a small science book that we've been working through, and I decided that we would do some crafts related to some of our recent topics. We got started right away after our afternoon rest time. I included Bella Peace, and she loved it! When she was done, she kept insisting that everyone look at her school work! So cute!! When we were all finished I had promised a little more outside time, so out we all went. Time got away from me, and before I knew it I was late getting in to start dinner. I hurried in to get started and realized I was missing a key ingredient. Tomorrow is our grocery day and our cupboards are literally pretty bare. So the question, what's for dinner? "Old Mother Hubbard, she lived in a shoe. She had so many children she didn't know what to do." That may not be the correct way that nursery rhyme goes, but that's the way I remembered it in my moment. Ha, ha! So it's 6:00 PM, already our dinner time. I don't really have what I need for my meal, and it would take a while anyway. Wesley was working late, so he couldn't just pick something up. And, I had NO desire to load everyone up to go get something. SO, I did what any I could. We had cereal and brownies (left over from a meeting I had last night) for dinner. As I was serving it up, feeling a little Charlie Brownish, I thought of several moms I know who are mentors to me who have told me in the past, "sometimes it's OK to serve them cereal for dinner." The funniest part of this whole story is that when Mary Ruth saw what we were having, she smiled the best smile and said, "Mommy you are such a good mommy and such a good cooker." That girl is too funny sometimes!!

OK, now it's your turn. Please tell me I'm not alone! I want to hear what you all have served your kiddos for dinner!!

3 comments:

  1. HA! We are in the throws of moving so all of our kitchen is packed, it was takeout for us- which is nice but I am dying for a home cooked meal! Can't wait to unpack next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this week we had a meal of cheeze-its and poptarts. they managed to survive somehow:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have totally served up cereal for dinner before. And I have done Pop Tarts and Cheezits too. :) They'll be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete