Quote

Quote

Friday, April 23, 2010

She's Got a Name

So if you haven't already heard, we've named our sweet baby girl!! We actually named her about a month ago, immediately after learning she was indeed a girl. I've just not had the time/made the time to write about it. So without further ado, here name is:

"Elizabeth Faith Minor"

I'm sure that it would be loads of fun to not find out what our baby was until the delivery room, but it's loads of fun to find out also!! We were set on not finding out Joshua's gender, but since Joshua and the concern that our losses have been gender related, finding out is what we feel is best. Our doctor agrees.

For me the bond just seems to grow more beautiful and stronger once we find out and even more so once we have a name. We call our girl by name, refer to her by name, and even pray of her by name.

I cannot begin to express the love I feel for Elizabeth. I just love, love, love her so much already. I dream of seeing her for the first time in person, touching her, cuddling her, smelling her. Oh, I can't wait!!!

So Wesley has a friend from whose wife is expecting their first baby. He recently ask Wesley how in the world we come up with our baby names, because they are having a very hard time deciding. We do have a little method to our madness. I have so enjoyed naming our babies!! For the record, as I know you know, we've come up with 8 thus far:

Luke Wesley
Grace Marie
Mary Ruth (double name)
Samuel Thomas
Isaiah Ray
Bella Peace (double name)
Elizabeth Faith

Do you notice any trends?

Part of each child's name is some how taken from the Bible. The other part has been a family name until Elizabeth. We just really love this name combo, and it's getting a little hard to stick with the formula. Maybe some time I will tell the complete story behind each name. Each one is so special too me. For now, I will just share the story behind Elizabeth's name.

We've liked the name Joy Elizabeth for a long time. But, we also have a rule that our child must be called by their first name or double name. We prefer not to use their middle name as the name they go by. Just a personal preference. We also decided that we didn't want to use another double name right now. So that meant that "Joy Elizabeth" would be called "Joy". While we love the name Joy, we know several and just didn't feel like that was the right name for us this time. But, we still both really, really loved the name Elizabeth. We not only loved the name, but also loved what we knew of Elizabeth in the Bible. In Luke 1:6, scripture says that Elizabeth and her husband "...were righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless." What else could we ever hope or dream for our daughter but that she and her husband would be described this way. Elizabeth was considered a deeply spiritual woman. She fully trusted God and believed that what He said would happen, would indeed happen. She trusted in His time table. So there it was. Elizabeth. Her first name.

Now for a middle name. We considered a couple different middle names, trying to find a family name that worked. Then my good friend and next door neighbor reminded me of a name we had considered in the past, Faith. Almost immediately, I knew that had to be the name. The past couple years, especially the past year has been such a journey of faith for me, for us. From a deepened faith to a crisis of faith, hopefully to a even deeper faith again. How could we not go with this name. Plus, Elizabeth in the Bible demonstrated great faith in the Lord. Once again, what a great dream/hope for our daughter. I text Wesley the name put together, "Elizabeth Faith". He replied, "Great Potential"! By the end of the day, we both confidently knew that the daughter we already loved now had a name we loved as well!!

I don't think I've posted my officially due date. Very early on, I said September 18th. Later my doctor gave me September 16th as Elizabeth's official "EDD" (medically speaking the approximate expected date of delivery). We are almost half way. We CAN NOT WAIT TO MEET HER! Our Elizabeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment