Quote

Quote

Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Few Things I Love About Spring

Freshly mowed grass


Luke mowed the entire front yard and part of the back BY HIMSELF!! Of course Wesley was out there with him. He supervised Luke while he got some weed-eating done. Love that too! I can't believe my little boy is cutting the grass now, but I like it! How did he get to be 7 years old and so big!?!

This purple tree in our front yard


It's only purple like this for a short time. It's beautiful!! It was here when we moved in. I have no idea what kind of tree it is. Guess I should research that, huh?

This weeping willow on the side of our yard


Dandelions


How dare you call them weeds! I actually encourage our children to blow the seeds all over the yard after they turn into that white seed ball. Have you ever seen that TV commercial for round-up that shows someone spraying a dandelion? Breaks my heart!

Reading books outside with my monkeys


We just finished this one. I don't remember reading these as a child. I'm enjoying them now. I thought this one had a sad ending.

And speaking of my monkeys, here are a couple of them hanging in and from trees. Only thing missing is a banana.



And just one more...

Flip-flops by the door


So yes if you are thinking I might be slightly bipolar, it could be true. I know that my last post was about how stressed I was feeling. But, I'm feeling better now. :) Also I did this post a couple of days ago, and it just needed some finishing touches so there was nothing to it.

This is obviously not a complete list of favorites. Just a few we enjoyed earlier this week.

Tomorrow is a big day around here. Maybe I will find some time for an extra special post!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! We also love all those things about spring. I did read the Little House on the Prairie books when I was little and loved them! We are reading Riley the Boxcar children series right now, they aren't near as long as the Little House books, but so so good! I love our dandelions so much too! My boys love bringing me bouquets of them and the purple flowers that take over the grass too :) Glad to see you all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purple tree is a Red Bud :-) I love them too as well as the weeping willows!!! Yeah for spring!

    Dawn O.

    ReplyDelete