Quote

Quote

Friday, September 16, 2011

Morning One

I rouse to consciousness and realize that I'm hurting. My head. My eyes. Oh, and then yes. My heart. Oh how my heart hurts. Literally like it has been torn in two. Oh please say it was a bad dream. That it is a bad dream. Indeed it is, but not one I will wake up from this side of Heaven. I don't want to get out of bed. I want to pull the covers over myself and just stay, but the other children force me out. I pick Elizabeth up out of her crib, and I squeeze her tight. After changing her diaper I rush to the computer knowing that their will be sweet words from friends waiting for me. Awwwww and there are some sweet words. I read. Feel thankful that others love me, us and are praying for us. I start remembering, yes we will get through this. I feel the prayers. One friend writes, "His lovingkindness and mercies are new every morning." I feel like I gain a little wind in my sails. I leave the computer and move to the couch with all the kiddos and we watch cartoons. And this is morning one.

2 comments:

  1. I love you so much, my sweet friend. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through. But God knows. He WILL make something beautiful out of this. "When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then You knew my path." -Psalm 142:3. He knows your path, dear friend. I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in our prayers. Knowing this does not get easier after each passing, We are praying for you as you mourn Jude and your other heavenly angels all playing football with Jesus right now. Your openness and strength is a testement to God's comfort and peace. As you may once again be at a loss for words, you are being prayed for.

    ReplyDelete