Quote

Quote

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 31, 2009

I can't believe it's already the last day of March!! Spring is definitely here, hopefully here to stay!! We've LOVED the weather this week. Although I must admit it sure makes it hard for a homeschool mom to get it all done. Yesterday we took a play break before we had finished all of our school work, and well everything didn't get finished. I know plenty of people who say take it outside, but I would say that those people don't have some of the challenges that I have. It's hard enough to keep up with my little sweetie pie, Bella Peace in an 1100 square foot house. If I were to take school outside to the vast outdoors, there's no telling what would happen!! Plus when we've tried it, Luke is totally distracted. It takes him twice as long to get his work done. So while we might get creative sometimes and do a few things here and there outside, we will for the most part keep our phonics, reading, and math indoors. We do however look or educational experiences outdoors, and there is no shortage to be found!!

Today the big kids had big plans so we had to really get after it to finish school early. Wesley didn't have to go into work until around lunch time, so he took Mary Ruth and Bella Peace on a "nature walk". They had so much fun. Mary Ruth took her camera and took pictures of any "nature" she could find. She made some interesting finds too! They walked over the park behind our house and found a large bone. Wesley said it was part of a deer. YUCK!! Luke ask later if he could go get it and bring it home. Double YUCK!!

So what were the big kids plans? Papa and Nana Mathis picked them up after lunch to go to the Treehouse Exhibit and the Spring Flower Festival at the Botanical Gardens. We don't have a membership and have never been to either of these, so I know they will LOVE it!! Hopefully I will get some good pictures from them and can share them later. I'm going to pick them up at church tonight. A friend ask what I would do with myself the rest of the day. Well I will be doing pretty much the same thing I do when they are here. Keeping up with my favorite almost 2 year old!!! Now if the it were reveresed and the big kids were here and the little one wasn't, then I might get seriously caught up on some things. Ha, ha!!

In other news, Grace lost her second tooth today!! I have a picture, but it's on the camera I sent with them to the Botanical Gardens. I will have to come back and add it later on. She was soooooo excited. The tooth was really loose and had been really bothering her, but it was a booger to pull!! Like I said, it was really loose, but it was deep rooted. I had to really tug on it!! She was such a trooper and so brave! Our thoughts about this is that if the tooth is really giving them trouble the best thing to do is to just go ahead and pull it, because then it won't hurt anymore. I know other parents chose to just let nature take it's course. Luke has lost 8 teeth so far, and that has been the case for a couple of his teeth. For the most part, we let them decide when it's time for it to be pulled, but they've learned it really does feel better after it's out. It also puts an end to all the drama. Some kids really suffer with anxiety about the whole thing. We've also sugar coated the deal with a pack of M&M's as a special treat for losing a tooth. So really, they look forward to it a lot!! I'm sure a dentist would say that the M&M's are going to lead to a lot more missing teeth. Ha, ha!! But it's not that often. It really is a special treat, and it's just become a "minor" tradition. Somehow Dr. Pepper is finding it's way in this deal. Not sure how that happened. I think it may have came up when Luke recently lost his 8th tooth and convinced his Daddy that he was suppose to get both. Or was it me that he convinced. Hummmm. Mary Ruth can't wait to lose a tooth!! At least Luke and Grace are always good to share their treats with the other kiddos. Her day will come! It's so funny that kids get so excited over losing teeth!!

Well one of the things I hoping to do today is finish up a couple other post I have started. I think I'm going to get busy on that now, and we shall see how far I get before Bella Peace wakes up! Pictures coming soon, I promise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment