Quote

Quote

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Crazy Week Recap

Last week was crazy busy! This week is much more normal. Busy as usual, but not crazy busy. I'm been feeling much better this week. I was able to find out that my iron levels were not my problem. Maybe it was just a 1st trimester thing and it has passed now. I'm still tired, but not to the extreme that I had been. Also my appetite has almost returned to normal.

I had planned to go to church tonight, but Wesley pretty much insisted that I stay home. He felt like me and Bella Peace needed our rest. We were all up and out very early (for our family) today for a field trip. Honestly I thought Wesley was over-reacting a little, but it turned out that he really knew best. Not long after he took the big kids to church, I got a terrible headache. This is usually a sign that I'm overtired. I got Bella Peace to bed on time and found my favorite stop on the couch. I should have just gone on to bed. I should be in bed right now. But, I have a million things on my things to do list and blogging is one of them. So, here I am. Crazy, I know!

So I wanted to recap the last week. Last week, started with a small Monday morning shift for me at Kid's Kloset. I LOVE Kid's Kloset. It's a local consignment sale. If you work it, you get to shop first. So, Tuesday night I did my spring shopping. I didn't buy any clothes at all for Luke. We get everyday clothes for him from my cousin who passes her little boys clothes to us. (Thanks, Leigh!!) Luke still needs a couple nicer things for church, but boys really wear their clothes out. I usually can't get really good stuff for him at the consignment sales. Grace was in the opposite position. She had a couple nice dresses for church, but literally she had nothing for everyday! I got some really good deals for her! I will have to post pictures as it warms up and she gets to wear some of her items. Mary Ruth was completely set with hand-me-downs from Grace, although I could not resist a couple small, inexpensive purchases for her. Bella Peace also needed everyday clothes. By the time the everyday stuff has been through Grace and Mary Ruth it's usually not suitable for a third time around. Plus, most everything was purchased for like $3 or $4 second hand to begin with. The shopping went well. It's a lot of fun, and for me when it's over I'm usually about 98% done with my seasonal clothing shopping for the kiddos! I think I did really good. I spend an average of a little more than $4 an item which may still seem a little high but that's for high quality clothes. I also stuck to my which can be very hard to do!!

Wednesday we met up with Papa and Nana Mathis for a send off lunch. Papa flew out Wednesday evening. I've previously mentioned that he arrived safely in Haiti. He's been sending daily emails to Nana. He's doing very well, and will have quite a story to share when he returns. Although the devastations is great, he's had several neat praises to report. I've been receiving the updates from Nana, but I haven't had time to do thorough updates like I had hoped. Please continue to pray for him. If anyone is interested in hearing more details, email me and I will forward the updates I've received. I just don't want to flood people's inbox without permission. My email is jmminor@hotmail.com

Wednesday evening we went to Missions Friends. It was my first week back in quite a while. I was still feeling pretty lousy, but I made it.

Thursday was my doctor's appointment. I've already update about that.

Friday, Luke and I went on a really neat field trip for 1st graders only. Huntsville Hospital and UAH host a "Let's Pretend Hospital". It's different than most of our other trips where all the parents stay with their child. Because of space limitations, only a certain number of chaperones were allowed to accompany the children. I was fortunate to be one of those chaperones. The trip was really awesome! It was basically a mock hospital complete with everything except Labor and Delivery. It was so much fun!

While we were on the field trip, Wesley took the girls on some PR type work calls. They all had a good time as well. Wesley is a proud Daddy who enjoys showing off his kiddos!! After Luke and I finished our field trip, Wesley and I met up and swapped children. Later in the evening he took Luke to an event at our church called the Outdoor Expo. I don't really know how to describe this except to say that it's a men's outreach ministry thing, appealing to outdoorsy men. There are wild game samples, outdoor vendors and merchandise to browse through, and then there is some big name hunter or fisherman who basically shares stories and shares the gospel. I'm sure I'm not doing this event justice, but I've never actually been myself (plan to keep it that way).

After I got the girls, we ran some errands. We were planning to come home after our errands, but at the last minute we ended up crashing a friends house for dinner. It's good to have friends that you can do that with! It was great company, and I didn't have to cook!!

Saturday, Wesley worked all day. It was a beautiful day, and I was feeling pretty good. So I loaded everyone up, and we hit the road yet again. First we got Mary Ruth's hair cut. Then we went to Wesley's ball game to show off the new cut. We had been talking about and planning to get her hair cut for a while, but he did not know that I was going to do it that day. He was very surprised but in a good way. He says it really suits Mary Ruth, but that I can't get Grace's cut that short. We might need to discuss that one a little more since he's usually not home for bathes. Washing and caring for all that hair is a lot of work!!

Saturday was so nice day that we stayed at the game for a couple hours. On the way home, we stopped by the grocery store to pick up just a few things, came home, made a quick dinner, got bathes, and I put 4 tired children to bed!! Ahhhhhh!

Well I said it was a crazy busy week. In case you are wondering, yes in addition to that we still managed to do other things like school (got it in everyday!!), dishes, and even some laundry. We didn't miss any meals, although we did crash at least one and some of the ones we had were less nutritious than others. And we did managed to catch some sleep here and there. So, yeah, maybe it's not my iron levels. Maybe it is just my "minor" life!! :)

If you stay with me through this post, thanks!! Sorry to bore you with all the details, but I really want to look back and remember everything. The big and the small. The good and bad. The busy and the crazy busy! Speaking of remembering everything, Bella Peace is 22 months old today. Where has the time gone. I can't believe how big she is getting!

I'll try to get some more pictures loaded soon! I will also update about my doctor's appointment sometime tomorrow afternoon. OK, off to bed now and not even going to proof this post, hopefully not too many errors!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you were so so busy! I can't imagine doing all that running with 4 kids! Two wears me out! Glad things are going well for you and baby, we are keeping you in our prayers. Mary Ruth's haircut is so cute!

    ReplyDelete