Quote

Quote

Monday, March 15, 2010

I Dislike Spring Break

**EDITED - I changed the title of this post, to learn why read the post that came after this. The original title was "I Hate Spring Break". Also someone suggested that if I dislike it so much, I could consider not observing it. We don't really observe Spring Break, but it's not like we can really ignore it when everyone else does observe it. Besides, I'm not superstitious or anything. I don't really think this week is jinxed. It just holds a few unpleasant memories.**

Ok, so "hate" is too strong of a word. But, really it seems like Spring Break Week doesn't go well for our family. Today is only Monday of Spring Break Week and so far, Mary Ruth has a stomach bug, Wesley had car trouble to the tune of more than $500 on his way out of town for work, and the worst news, I just learned that my mom's first cousin who I call Aunt Faye passed away unexpectedly at home today. I'm not sure what the rest of the week holds, but please pray that this is the end of the bad news for this week. Also please pray for my Aunt Faye's family.

4 comments:

  1. Jennifer, I'm sorry your week is starting off so rough! Our spring break isn't until mid-April. I'm so looking forward to it! Will be praying for you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be praying for your family! Ours isn't going well either. Eli is now on tamiful and the other 2 are as well as a precaution. I believe we will stuck at home all week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even ask what the three bad things when I stopped by. Sorry about that. I'm so sorry about your Aunt Faye and the other problems too. : ( Things will get better, I'm sure. : )

    Love you!
    Heather B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about Faye as well. It's so sad, she was only 63. That's not exactly young but it's not exactly old either. Sorry about the car troubles. Nick recently took his truck in and it cost us a good bit to have it repaired too. I hope Mary Ruth feels better soon. I imagine tummy bugs spread like wildfire among the kids. Reagan had one not too long ago... I hope you're doing well also! I love y'all!

    ReplyDelete