Quote

Quote

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Growing

I wore real maternity clothes for the first time today!!! My current wardrobe mostly consist of skirts and jumpers which for the most part I've been able to still wear even though my belly has been growing. But, I've been starting to push it with my skirts. I can still wear my jumpers - BTW, yes I do wear denim jumpers and like them very much. They are extremely practical, comfortable, and modest. I love having big ole pockets on the front. I almost always have them filled with things like pacifiers, a pencils, my cell phone. I think they are perfect for the homeschool mom with many little ones. Think what you will, but don't knock it until you've been in my shoes! :) OK, off that soap box! So, anyway I can still wear them and probably will be able to for most of my pregnancy, but I don't have any maternity tights. I'm a very, very cold natured person so I have to have something on my legs. I have definitely out grown my regular tights and don't want to go out and buy some new ones with warmer weather just around the corner. So today I finally broke down and ask Wesley to bring in my box of maternity clothes. It was fun to wear something that I haven't wore in quite a while. Here's picture from today of me and our growing baby girl!


We spent a good part of the afternoon celebrating the 8th birthday of one of our favorite little boys, Caleb. He's like a brother to Luke, and Grace wants to marry him one day. I can't believe he's about to turn 8 years old!!

Here's a picture of him and Luke this week after the RA race at church.


Seems like just yesterday I took this picture of these same two little boys! (This is a scanned picture, and it's the best I could do. Sorry it's such poor quality and so little.)


I pointed out to Caleb's mom today that he's closer to getting his learner's permit to drive than not now, a point that she did not appreciate me pointing out. But YIKES, Luke is only 9 months behind him!!

Luke actually cut most of our front yard with a push mower today. I simply cannot believe he's big enough to do that!

These kiddos are all growing up way too fast!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Jennifer! I'm so happy for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my favorite baby pictures of the boys!! : ) What memories that brings back. I wish I had a nickle for every minute we spent on the phone in those days. : ) Love you, girl!!

    Heather B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I love that color blue on you. Your belly's coming along quite nicely! Luke and Caleb are getting so big! Congrats on the healthy baby and pregnancy, keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete