Quote

Quote

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Todays Doctor's Appt, 10 Weeks

Today I had another appointment and ultrasound. I went back to my regular OBGYN today, Dr. Conrad. Let me just say, I LOVE that man! He's a great doctor!!! I know that I have been in good hands with Dr. Harper, but it feels really good to be back under Dr. Conrad's care. Anyway, today's report was good again! Our little bun is still awful little but is measuring exactly as he/she should be! Actually the specific measurement is 2.65 cm which if I'm correct is just over an inch. We could see good fetal movement and good development of the baby's arms and legs. Baby's heart rate was 172 bpm.

Today I had a little bit of a wait which is common with Dr. Conrad, but I don't mind. He's worth the wait. The wait wasn't bad especially considering I think that my appointment was a work-in. I also don't mind the wait, because it gives me some time to myself and time to read.

While in the waiting room, I noticed a young lady and something about her stood out to me. I didn't really give it much thought. I just noticed her and went back to my book. I sometimes fail to remember or realize that I should take notice to those little kind of moments. In retrospect, I think that I noticed her because of a prompting of the Holy Spirit.

After I had completed my appointment and was on my way out of the office, Dr. Conrad came out and caught me. He asked me if I had a minute to speak to a young lady who had just lost a second baby through miscarriage. Of course, I said yes, but I was thinking what should I say to this person. He led me back to the room where the young lady I had noticed in the waiting room was sitting alone crying. Oh, do I ever know her pain. We shared a few minutes together. I hadn't known what I would say, but as I began to speak to her the Holy Spirit gave me the words. I pray now that He used me to provide some measure of comfort to her today. She and I exchanged information before I left. I'm hoping to keep in touch with her and be of some support while she continues to grieve a second difficult loss.

I'm sharing this, because I'm would like to ask for your prayers for her. We will call her "Mrs. R". I know that it was not coincidence that placed Mrs. R and me at the same doctor at the same time. My heart is breaking for her. My second miscarriage sent me spiralling hard! But, I know that God has used that for my good. Today is a prime example of that. I was only able to sit and cry with Mrs. R, because I genuinely share her grief.

Also would you do me a favor? Mrs. R shared she doesn't really feel like she has a lot of people to talk with right now as she is walking this dark road. She and I exchanged information, and I also shared this blog with her so that she might go back and read through some of our experiences. So she might just be reading here. I know that several of my family members and good friends drop by here from time to time. I know that I would not have made it through my dark times without the love and support of family and friends. You all have been His hands and feet in my life. Would you please leave a comment to this post offering your prayers and encouragement to Mrs. R. Will you be His hands and feet to her? If you would like to do something more private, you can send me an email and I can forward it to her. Mrs. R. if you are reading here know that I am praying for you and now several others are also.

8 comments:

  1. Mrs. R, you will be in my prayers as you walk this journey. If you would like my email, Jennifer can give it to you. My circumstances are different than yours, but I know the pain of losing a child. You will be close to my heart!!

    Love, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, I am glad things went well!!! I am glad you are with your regular doctor that you love so much!! I hope to see you soon!

    Love ya! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for you Mrs. R. I've had one miscarriage, so I know the pain of loss. And I remember the fear of a second miscarriage as I was carrying my baby girl. God will heal your wounds in time. And I pray that you would come to know Him in ways you never knew you could.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. R., I am praying that God will comfort you during this dark time. I also pray that He will continue to lead you to sources of earthly comfort as needed as well. It's okay to be sad. It's okay to grieve for as long as you need. Feel what you need to feel and don't be ashamed. You are going through a very sad time right now. Take care of yourself and lean on God and those He puts in your path. God will give you the strength.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, I'm so happy to see that your appointment and that God allowed you to be used in such a powerful way! Blessings to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, I'm so happy for your continued good doctor appointments! I pray all continues to go well. You are always in my thoughts & prayers.

    Mrs. R, I am so sorry for your pain. I know that God works all things together for our good & that trials are a refining fire for us. I pray that God will bring you comfort & peace now. You will be in my prayers. God is holding you close, & we will do the same in our hearts.

    Love,
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  7. what are the chances you would have been in there at that time. You couldn't have been the more perfect person for the dr. to ask you to speak with her. not only for your similar experiences, but your big open heart. what a sweet person you are :-)

    LOVE YOU! Dawn O.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 Cor. 1:3-4 3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

    I think this is one of the greatest encouragements in the midst of our trials--that God will comfort us and use us in the future to comfort others. Our pain is not in vain. I am being reminded (even this afternoon) to start thanking God for my trials because He gets the glory even through them.

    Mrs. R, take heart because God cares so much for you that he sent you such a sweet friend (jennifer) who can understand and encourage you in this so difficult trial!

    ReplyDelete