Quote

Quote

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Funny Stories

At the moment I'm feeling pretty good! Whoo, Hoo!! But, I still think I will stay home from church tonight to rest and catch up some school stuff. I'm behind on so many things.

I have two really cute stories to share both from lunch today. First, the kiddos asked for chocolate milk with their lunch. It's probably been years since they had chocolate milk at home. That's usually a grandmother treat. But, I said if they agreed to eat a healthy lunch that included having lettuce on their sandwich (not all the kiddos like lettuce on their sandwich) that I would agree to a small cup of chocolate milk. Suddenly everyone was excited to have a big leafy piece of lettuce. Yes, I know this sounds a lot like bribing. I chose to consider it a reward, not a bribe. Well, I handed out the food and then set out the chocolate milk. I'm not sure what Mary Ruth was expecting, but as she looked at the cup of chocolate milk she seemed to be very pleased with the size of the cup (about 8 ozs) and the rich color of the milk. Her eyes got big, and her smile even bigger. Then she took a drink and exclaimed, "OH, DEAR!! BLESS MY HEART, THIS IS SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD!!" How cute is that!! Bless my heart, Mary Ruth is so cute sometimes I just want to squeeze her!!! Now whose in the mood for a big, cold glass of chocolate milk? Just remember, first you must eat your turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with a big piece of green leafy lettuce with a side of banana and some carrot sticks! Ugh! I think I've just made myself feel bad! I did not have my glass of chocolate milk, because I couldn't eat this then and don't want any of it now either!!! Let's just move on to the next cute story, shall we?

Also at lunch while Luke was eating, he was looking out the window dreaming of the great outdoors. Seriously, this is Luke. Outside is his life. He loves it, longs for it, can't get enough of it! So he says, "I'm thinking I would really like to climb that big oak tree in the back yard." Me: "Oh, yeah." Luke: "Yeah, but I think I need someone to help me on that one." Me: "Hum, really." Luke: "OK, raise your hand if you would be willing to help me climb that big oak tree in our back yard." Bella Peace very excitedly as if she really understands what she is agreeing to, raises her hand and says, "ME!!!" No one else responds. The one year old wants to help her brother climb a tree. Truth be told, she probably did completely understand. That's why she responded the way she did. She's really hoping to climb it with him, because she also loves the outdoors, longs for it, and can't get enough!! Oh, I just love these kiddos!! I'm all smiles right now! I think I'm going to take my happy self a nap while my precious kiddos are also having their rest/nap time!!!

3 comments:

  1. Too cute! Your kiddos are absolutely precious! I can't wait to get to hang out with half of them this weekend. Enjoy your nap.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops. . . I let my kids drink chocolate milk all the time. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am 33 so there is not that much age difference--we just must have been behind in a lot of areas!

    ReplyDelete