Quote

Quote

Thursday, February 18, 2010

10 Random Things in Random Order

***Note I've got lots of pictures to add to this post, but it's getting late and I will have to add them tomorrow! So check back later, because the pictures are the best part!!!****

I was inspired by a friend's blog to do a random list of things. I thought this would be a good way to catch up on some of the things that I have been wanting to write about. I've said before that I blog in part so that I keep some type of a journal for our family, so that is why some of these things are important for me to record. Again, this is going to be very random!! I'm doing a list of 10 things in honor of the fact that I am 10 weeks pregnant today!! So, here goes:

1. I had a great night out tonight with some of my favorite girlfriends!! Tonight our Ladies Accountability Group started back up. We took a big break through the holidays and the beginning of the year, because two of the ladies have recently had babies. We are a pretty small group so since two were going to be out for a few weeks, we just extended our break. It worked out good for me since I probably would have missed a few weeks with my yucky nausea! Anyway, it was sooooo good to visit and catch back up! It's good to have girlfriends!! LOVE you girls!! Tonight was great!!! Also, thank you so much to my good friend and neighbor Kristina for bringing us dinner tonight!! It was very YUMMMMMMMY, and it really helped me out a lot today!!

2. We've had so, so much snow this year!!! I really did lose count, and it was never more than about than about 2 inches at one time. But, it really has been a lot of snow for our area. And, it really has been so much fun!! My mom recently gave us a very cute gift. It's a "Snowman Family Kit". It has all the parts and accessories to built a snowman family inside one very cute wooden box. The only thing missing is the snow. It has 4 different hats, 4 different scarfs, 4 wooden carrots, etc. The day after she gave it to us, it snowed again and we got to try it out! We were only able to get one snowman in before it began to rain, but he turned out really cute. We decided he would be a boy snowman in hopes that just maybe our baby is a boy, and we named him, "Sam" which is also my mother's nickname.

3. Grace lost her first tooth on January 23rd! She was sooooo excited!! It had been a little bit lose, but I didn't think it was really that close to falling out. I must have been wrong, though. She was having lunch and bit down into an apple and starting screaming. I thought at first that she must have bitten her tongue or something, but then she said it was her tooth. I took a look and sure enough it was bleeding and barely hanging in there. She didn't even know when I actually finished pulling it out. It was over in a second. Then she was all smiles as she sported her new smile!! I don't know about other kids, but our kids LOVE losing teeth. She's working on a second one now!

4. As of today, we only have 50 more days of school scheduled!! AND we don't need all of those, so unless we use some sick or vacation days we have even less that that!! Whoo Hoo!! 50 may sound like a lot to you, but I've been counting down for a while now so it sounds mighty good to me!!! We are planning to be done on the last day of April! We had a really good school day today. The kids are all doing well. Luke and Grace are reading well. Mary Ruth is learning her letters and sounds and cannot wait to be able to read. I've got some fun projects planned for next month. Oh, I'm looking so forward to March!

5. Speaking of school, Wesley took Luke and Grace to a National Weather Service Storm Spotter Class this past Tuesday night. It's a free class that is really intended for adults, but anyone can attend. They learned to recognize thunderstorm and severe weather events. The class ended up being about 3 hours long. It was lecture style but included a lot of videos on different weather events. At the end, they all received official "Storm Spotter" certificates!! An official Storm Spotter can report weather events happening in their area directly to the National Weather Service!! How cool is that!!! I knew that this would qualify Wesley to be a storm spotter, but I loved that Luke and Grace received a certificate too!! Of course, Wesley will continue to develop their skills over time. Wesley said the room was packed, but that he did not notice any children other than ours and a good friend Caleb who also attended with his Daddy. Nana and Papa Mathis were there also. Even though the class was almost 3 hours long, Wesley said that Luke and Grace did pretty well sitting still and paying attention. They seemed to really enjoy it! Mommy loves that she can document that as a science lesson!!!

6. A couple of weeks ago, I escaped to Tuscaloosa overnight by myself to spend the night in the hospital with my Dad. He got a really bad case of staph infection in his toe. It was very serious for a few days, and he ended up spending almost a week in the hospital and requiring surgery. He's back and home now and recovering nicely. I hated to visit under those circumstances, but I still very much enjoyed my visit. It was great to have some quality time with my Daddy. I also met up with my Mom while there. I caught a good nap at her place, and then she and I enjoyed lunch at the Olive Garden! YUMMMMMMMMY!!!! We try to visit about every 6 weeks, but it's been a while for us this time. I LOVE my family, and always enjoy time with them! I can't wait for us all to get back down there!!!

7. Dr. Conrad wants to see me every other week for an ultrasound. I haven't really been too anxious so far, but as the 14 week mark draws closer and closer I find my anxiety creeping up. With the babies we've lost, it seems that our problems seem to develop somewhere between 14 - 16 weeks. Everything has been so great so far, and we are all so excited! I know that our baby is in His hands and nothing will happen that isn't part of His sovereign plan, but I dream of holding this baby. Oh, I can't wait to get to the 20 week mark! I know that getting to 20 weeks doesn't guarantee that nothing else will go wrong, but it's just an important milestone for us. I also can't wait to find out whether we are having a boy or girl! I'm trying not to rush the days, but I'm just excited and anxious!

8. Wesley is participating in "Scale Back Alabama". It state program to encourage healthy living. The goal is to lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks through a better diet and exercise. I didn't really think he needed to lose any weight, especially not 10 pounds. But, he is motivated to live healthier and did think he could spare a few pounds. Anyway, he's doing very good despite the fact that I am eating terrible indulging my cravings far too much!!! In my defense I will say that sometimes my cravings are all I feel like I can actually swallow. Oh, this too shall pass!

9. Valentine's recently came and went. We didn't really do anything especially special. Wesley and I agreed to let each other sleep late one Saturday. Wesley also brought me a Steak-Out salad! Also YUMMMMMMMY!!! Very romantic, I know! The kids had a big Valentine's Party on Friday, Feb 12 with our homeschool group. It was a lot of fun. On Valentine's Day, we went to Papa and Nana Mathis' house for a special lunch. They went all out!! We had an amazing meal, the tables were set with flowers, they led us in reading a couple Bible verses about love, and gave gifts to top it all off! It was a great time!! Of course, the best part was the company and fellowship! The lemon pie was a very close second!!! (Nana Mathis, my mouth still waters when I think of that pie!!) (If you've noticed how much I've talked about food lately, remember that I am pregnant right now! Ha, ha!!) Later that night, Wesley and I put the kids to bed early and watched Fireproof again.

10. We started a new tradition this year with the help of my good friend, Katy. She shared that her family had a "special plate". In her family, if you are celebrating a special day such as a birthday, anniversary, etc. or if you've done something special, had a special accomplishment, you get the idea, then you get to eat from the special plate. The first time I ate at Katy's house, I got the special plate since I was a guest. I really LOVED this idea. Well for Christmas, Katy gave our family our very own special plate. I was so excited!! Luke got to use if first for his birthday in January. I used it next the night we shared with the kids that we were expecting another baby. Finally Grace used it the night she lost her first tooth! It's just a small but fun family tradition that we were happy to add this year! Thanks, Katy!!

OK, there you have it!! I'm almost caught up now, and so are you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment