Quote

Quote

Friday, February 26, 2010

Hooray!! Something might actually be wrong with me!!!

Yes, I was delighted to discover today that something might actually be wrong with me. Sound crazy? Well maybe, but I was starting to feel so discouraged that finding out it could be something very minor and very treatable is actually encouraging.

I'm 11 weeks pregnant now. For me, I'm usually starting to feel a lot better by this point in my pregnancy but not this time. I've continued to feel very tired, run down, sluggish. I have no energy. No motivation. My muscles even feel fatigue. I'm just tired all the time. I've also been extremely cold. Miserably cold. Today I started thinking, OK I think something is just wrong with me. Something more than just being pregnant. So I got online and googled my symptoms, and I think that I am anemic (low iron). I have all the symptoms. It makes perfect since too, since my appetite/diet has been so bad. I'm thrilled to learn this, because it means that I can probably just get an iron supplement and feel so much better!!! I cannot wait to talk to my doctor about it which I fully intended to do, first thing Monday morning!!!

On another note, I spent way too much time tonight to finally add pictures to my last post. BUT, we've been having major computer issues and just as I was finishing up, I lost my whole nights work! VERY FRUSTRATING!! I may try again another time, but I'm not making any promises.

Maybe by the next time I post, I will be feeling more like myself again.

1 comment:

  1. I had to take iron from early on when I was pregnant with Reagan. I took Repleva twice a day, everyday. It was specially formulated to be gentle on the stomach. I'm pretty sure that my iron is low again. I'm going to ask my doctor to check my iron levels when I go for a check up.

    Good luck with the next appt. I'll be checking in for an update soon :) Love y'all!

    -Jenni

    ReplyDelete