Quote

Quote

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Finally at the hospital

Well it's about 11:30 PM on Tuesday night.  After a wild and crazy day yesterday and today and major shifts and adjustments, we are finally here and have begun the process to meet our Love Bug!!!  I've got so many stories that I could share about the past few days.  It's been off the hook crazy at our house.  Excited kids.  House full of grandparents.  Sugar and soda.  Cards and board games.  Phones ringing off the hook with questions galore!!  Wild I tell you!!!  Wesley and I got into the car to drive BY OURSELVES to the hospital and we just looked at each other and took a deep breath, sighed, laughed, and almost cried!!  I think we were delirious!!  Anyway we are here now, and we just can't wait!!!

Speaking of parties, the party started up immediately upon arrival.  We were greeted by a familiar face, a nurse who helped care for me during both Bella Peace and Elizabeth's births!  She remembered me and we shared some big laughs!!  Then the nurse that was assigned to my care for the night is one that almost delivered Elizabeth when Dr. C got tied up with another delivery.  Again more reminiscing and laughs!!  So cool!!

Now things are all quiet.  The party is on hold for now while we wait with eagerness, anticipation, and some fear and anxiety.  We've been around long enough to know better than to take these experiences too lightly or for granted.  New life is precious and delicate and fragile.  So as we wait, we pray!!

Here's some details just for my remembrance...I came in at 80% effaced and 2 cm dilated.  They gave me one cytotec tablet at around 9 PM.  I started having regular contractions immediately, but I have been having contractions for DAYS especially when I was on my back.

My prediction is that we will have a baby in our arms by lunch time!!  I'd love to hear your predictions!!  Also feel free to make your weight and length guesses.  The ultrasound yesterday guessed Anna Love to be 8 lbs 1 oz which could be +/- 1 lb.

Oh and just for the sake of documentation, it's been a mild day temperature wise.  We were able to get outside a little bit today before the wind and rain set in.  It's extremely windy now.  Temperature is probably about 50 degrees and it's raining cats and dogs.

One final unrelated note, we have 2 different people who are near and dear to us who will be receiving medical results tomorrow.  Both around the 10 AM hour.  If you think of it, pray for good results for them too.

Good Night!
Jennifer



No comments:

Post a Comment