Quote

Quote

Monday, February 3, 2014

Change in plans

So I'm a little disappointed or should I say a lot disappointed.  The plans changed today.  Here's an update...

We had a firm plan that was set last Monday.  If I did not go into labor on my own before today I would be induced on Tuesday (tomorrow).  The only question was whether or not my doctor would bring me in tonight or early tomorrow morning (Tuesday).  That would be determined at my appointment today based on my progress.  So I went to my appointment today and everything looked so great.  I had not made a lot of change in progress since last week, but that sometimes happens with me.  He still thinks I'm a great candidate for induction, and we are expecting everything to go really smoothly.  But the numbers that really count could not have been better...measurements, cord, fluid, position, everything.

Anna Love looks to have only gained about 2 ozs, and I didn't gain anything at all which is truly a miracle considering I was at a retreat this weekend!!  My doc was super impressed...and I think a bit relieved, because this was really good news for him.  Apparently not all of his patients are doing quite as good as me, so all of a sudden his schedule has become slam packed for tomorrow.  He told me that he felt like his case load for tomorrow was just too busy to add me to the schedule, and since my numbers looked so great he felt really good about waiting one more day.

Honestly I totally understand this, and I'm not upset about having to wait one more day.  It just seriously messes up a lot of our plans.  At this point, one of my besties who was planning to be in the delivery room to take pictures most likely will not be able to make it.  She has another, very important commitment on Wednesday.  Another sad thing about this change is that another bestie who had planned to be here tomorrow (Tuesday) cannot be here on Wednesday.  She had made very special, secret, surprise plans to drive 6 hours to be here with me tomorrow.  I had no idea that she was coming until today when the plan changed.

There are a few other details that have been turned upside down too.  So bummed!!!  Dr. C did tell me that if I go on my own we will work it out, and honestly I'm still really, really hoping and praying that it comes together for Anna Love to be born tomorrow.  This has definitely been a curve ball, and as I've already said I'm super disappointed.  BUT I'm trying hard to speak truth to myself.  I know that these details are trivial in the big scheme of things.  I know that God is for me.  His plan is good...better than my plan.  He had Anna Love's birthday planned since before the beginning of time.  I just have to trust Him.  I know these things.  I also know that He cares about the little things, so that is why I'm still asking Him to work out the little details that have been upset by the change in plan.

Here's a Beth Moore quote that is helping me with my disappointment tonight...

My God is huge, and my God is able.  If I don't get what I ask Him for, I know I'll get something bigger.

I'd appreciate your prayers most especially for the big things, but feel free to lift up the little things too.

Blessings to all!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment