Quote

Quote

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Anna Love ~ 1 Week

Well today my baby turned 1 week old.  It may sound crazy, but I'm fairly emotional about it.  I know how fast they grow and how time passes in a blink, and I just want to freeze these newborn moments with her!!  

I've included a few picture from this first week below.  I've got REALLY, REALLY good pics coming soon.  The ones below are a few preview shots we've received from the very talented and amazing, Mrs. Patty, a few shots taken by one of my besties, Melody, and a few we've taken ourselves with our cheap ole point and shoot.  

I have Anna Love's birth story almost ready to post, and I have a few other things I've been working on, but I'm waiting to add pictures so just stay tuned.

Note worthy things about today (at least they are note worthy to me, I don't won't for miss a minute or forget anything!!  I'm trying hard to soak it all up!)....

We were supposed to go back to the doc today for another weight check and peek- at Anna Love's coloring, but that got cancelled due to the threat of wintry weather.  I'm fairly confident that both are fine.  If road conditions permit we are going tomorrow afternoon.

We also had a special, secret surprise planned for today that had to be rescheduled as well.  Hopefully we can reveal the surprise in a few days.

We did eventually get that wintry weather.  Snow finally started falling late this afternoon.  So Anna Love, for your one week birthday, you got SNOW!!  And it's a big snow for us!!  Your three oldest siblings got out in it for a few minutes tonight, but everyone is planning a BIG day of snow play tomorrow!!  I'm so glad this happened this week and not last week!  Pictures of all the snow to come tomorrow.

Nursing was much better today!!  I'm feeling much less sore.  Big answer to prayer!!

Today you nursed every 2 hours like clockwork!!  And you are going through SO MANY diapers!!

Also today I had a crazy, bad headache.  So bad, that Wesley called the doctor.  I was a little concerned that it could be a spinal headache, but Dr. C felt like that was unlikely since we are a week out.  He suggested me taking something with caffeine like Excedrin, and if that did not work he wanted me to get my blood pressure checked.  Thankfully the Excedrin helped.  Headache is not totally gone, but it is much better.

It's amazing how much you forget from baby to baby.  Now I'm thinking the headache is just a hormone headache, but I can't remember having one like this in the past.  Also I didn't remember until now how weak the bladder is just after childbirth!  In the past it has improved somewhat with time, but now I'm remembering that these first few weeks it's weak!  Is that TMI???

Luke seems to have developed a tiny cold.  It's killing him that we've made him keep his distance from Anna Love.  :(

We've been so well cared for this week with meals from precious family and friends!!  Such a blessing!!

I guess the final thing about today is that Anna Love lost her umbilical stump.  Again, I felt pretty emotional about it!!

Anna Love, you stolen all of our hearts.  Everyone in this family is in awe of you!  We love you so very much!!  You are held almost every single second of every single day.  We are so, so glad that you are finally here!!

So with that I'll leave you with a little photo overload of pics from this first week.


I LOVE this first family photo!!  It was so awesome to me that the kiddos got to come back to the delivery room just a few minutes after Anna Love was born.  BUT there are so many funny things about this photo.  So for one, I look naked!!  And yes, I'm slightly uncomfortable with the fact that I look naked in our first family photo!  Ha, ha, but there's a reason.  The hospital is so great now about encouraging mother/baby bonding time.  They have what the call the "golden hour" where after birth they encourage the mother to nurse and hold her newborn baby skin to skin.  I had undone by gown so that I could be skin to skin and well it just never got put completely back on.  I had blankets covering me, but still I look so naked!  ;)  Also Luke's thumbs up cracks me up!  Grace could NOT be any close to baby!  And poor Elizabeth's hair is a mess. Ha, ha!!  BUT what a precious, precious moment captured forever!  I love it!!!  


Check out that lip!!


I love this picture!!  When Wesley saw it he said, "And that's how it all started!!!"  Others commented and said, " # 7????"  Ummmm, no!  ;)


LOVE this one!!!


Check out all that hair!!!   




Sweet baby sleeping on Mommy's chest!!  Does not get much better than this!!









Luke lookin' like a pro!


The girls could not be happier!!  Oh how they've waited for this!!!






Anna Love looks a lot like her Daddy's baby pics!!  And here she's sleeping just like him!













So who does she look like??????

1 comment:

  1. Some beautiful pictures of a beautiful family! I love how you are dressed at all in any of the later pictures and anna love too. We did hospital gowns and white hospital tshirts until time to leave. You guys look all glammed up!
    I think she looks like Luke...especially the 2nd pic in the carseat.

    ReplyDelete