Quote

Quote

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

9:30 AM Update

Well it's never dull.  After my last early morning update I rested for a little while then got up and took a shower.  I felt really good on my feet, but as soon as I got back in bed my contractions got HARD!   I knew that the doc would be in any minute, and I knew that he would check me and most likely break my water.  I was pretty concerned about how painful that would be especially since I was already hurting.  So I talked to my nurse, Amy, about my options.  I was still only 2 cm dilated so she suggested me getting some IV pain medication.  I've never had IV pain med during delivery so I was a little hesitant, but we talked through it and agreed it was the best option.

Soooooo as soon as she started pushing the meds in the IV, I started to feel dizzy and sick.  Maybe I'll tell the longer version later, but the short version is that I had a pretty negative reaction to the medicine...think hallucinations.  It took probably 2 hours to recover.  I had just received the medicine and was feeling bad, but wasn't in full blown bad reaction mode when Dr. C came in.  He did go ahead and check me and broke my water.  He did not start Pitocin as planned because I was already seriously contracting.  I don't remember much about him being in my room.  It was pretty crazy.

Feeling much better now.  Will try to give a new update as soon as I can.  

1 comment:

  1. I had a really rough reaction to pain meds (pills) they gave me. Was worse than the pain. I stopped taking after that. Mine was chills and severe nausea. Will continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete