Quote

Quote

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

School

For the most part, we will finish school this Friday!! Hooray!! We still have plans for some activities, projects, and such, but we will not have any more sit down at the table kind of instruction. HOORAY!!!

Last night I decided that I was not sure that I wanted to use our same curriculum next year. A few hours later, I had convinced myself that I really wanted to do a complete overhaul. This morning I've been stealing away to the computer here and there to look at some options. As of now, I'm seriously considering changing to Sonlight. Of course Wesley will have a very BIG say in all this, but I think he will like Sonlight a lot. Guess we shall see!!

I think the seed for all of this began at a recent Mom's meeting where one of my besties, Heather spoke about different teaching methods. Thanks a lot, Heather!!! :) You should know that I went into that meeting not expecting to learn anything new!! HA!

Another factor in this decision is that this current school year turned out way different that I expected. Circumstances forced me out of my comfort zone, and I began doing things a little different. Turned out that I liked it. I was very, very much a traditional approach kind of teacher, but to my surprise I've liked some of the other approaches!

So for those of you who homeschool, what do you know about Sonlight? Do you love it? Hate it? Tell me everything!

More about all this later, I'm all out of time for now!

Sidebar: I've started several blog post and not finished them. Maybe I can get to them sometime.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've just been doing Sonlight for a few weeks, but the girls LOVE it! They want to read all the time! And the books in the P3/4 are SOO good! Anyway, we're pretty happy with it and plan on sticking to this curriculum. There is a LOT of online support fot the mamas, too, which I really like. Their online forums are GREAT. Let me know what you decide! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just now reading this, but I think it's cool that you liked your new approach this year, and I think Sonlight would be a good fit for you. Of course, I can't speak from experience, but I could see you as a Sonlight kind of mom. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be on our 4th core with Sonlight this year and we really love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, thanks for coming by my blog. Your sweet comment was such a blessing! I am looking forward to spending sometime on yours.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete