Quote

Quote

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Grace Turns 7

Here she is on her "birth" day.


And her she is today on her 7th birthday.


Stay with me because I've recapped Grace's last 7 years in photos at the end!! OR just skip straight to the pictures. That's the fun part, anyway!!

The house is quiet. Everyone asleep but Mama. I'm suppose to be ironing our clothes for church tomorrow, but instead I'm thinking about this day. Today Grace turned 7 years old. Earlier today we watched some video taken the day she was born. It's so hard to believe that it's been 7 years!!

I could never, ever have dreamed how special it would be to have a daughter. Crazy me use to think I only wanted boys!

I'm so proud of Grace and of the young lady she's becoming.

Grace is so much like me. Some times I find that endearing and other times it frustrates me.

Grace is such a big helper. I would be lost without her. Truly I could not manage to do what I do without her.

Grace,

I love you so very much, Sweet Daughter!! I love your passion. I love your smile. I love that you want to be like me. I wish you did not imitate the bad, but at least it keeps me humble and helps me to recognize my weak spots. You are such a special girl. You light up the room and bring joy to everyone you meet. Words cannot express how proud I am to be your Mommy. You are growing up way, way to fast!! Slow down just a little will ya? :)

Love you, Gracie!!

Mommy

Here's a walk through the past "Grace-full" years!! There's not a lot here from the first couple of years, because most of those pictures are not digital and it's just too much work to scan and add them tonight! :(

This is one of my all time favorite baby pictures of Grace!! She was 5 weeks old in this picture. I remember the day like it was yesterday!!






Who can forget how Grace use to suck her fingers, hold an ear (anyone's ear), and tuck her special "color" blanket under her arm. Her blanket is in there, but it's a little hard to see.














Grace has such a green thumb. She is very gifted when it comes to flowers, plants, and gardening. She loves to plant 'em, grow 'em, and arrange 'em, but she doesn't like to break a sweat! Ha! This picture was taken early, early one morning like at 7:00 AM. How precious is this?! Wesley had trimmed our shrubs the day before, and we had not finished cleaning up all the left over debris. She got out there and started arranging the limbs like flowers. She gets this from my Mom! Definitely not from me!! Oh, and she was singing as she worked!










I told you she's a good gardener!


I think the biggest thing that Grace and I have in common is that from very little girls we had (for Grace still has) dreams of being a wife and mommy. My dream came true!!

2 comments:

  1. Well I must say, your Grace is gorgeous! Those eyes! Beautiful! :)

    Sounds like your relationship with her is precious.

    Oh and I can just picture that little sucking fingers pose. Seems like kids that do that always have some specific thing they do with their other hand too. My thumb suckers were touchy feely. Cecily always had her other hand in my hair and Harrison always has his on my tummy. ha!

    Thanks for sharing your sweet daughter with me. :)
    Love,
    Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACE UNCLE WENDELL LOVES YOU SEE ALL THE FAMILY EASTER WE LOVE U ALL MINOR FAMILY THOSE ARE SWEET PICTURES OF GRACE AND HER BROTHER AND SISTERS THEY ARE ALL GROWING SO FAST LOVE YOU UNCLE WENDELL AND PRISCILLA WRITE BACK WHEN U GET A CHANCE PRISCILLAJACOB@AOL.COM

    ReplyDelete