Quote

Quote

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I saw the high risk perinatologist that ordered all the very in depth, very rare, very likely to give us answers, genetic tests for Jude. In the hospital tissue samples were taken from Jude's body and hand delivered by our awesome nurse to the lab at our hospital. From there the hospital lab should have sent them to another lab for the testing. Today I was told that it is possible the labs have not been done or are lost. The doc said that he should have had them long ago and that so far he's not been successful at tracking down where they are in the process. Also no claim has been filed with my insurance company. I can hardly believe that this is happening!! Doc says that he fully 100% believes that the problem we have is genetic and he fully believes that the right testing will tell us exactly what the problem is and what this means for future children and even future grandchildren. BUT it's possible that we might never get these answers because someone somewhere has messed this up.

THIS!! IS!! NOT!! OK!!!!

He said he's going to put his blood hounds on the hunt, and we should put our own blood hounds to work as well. I've never known a better human blood hound than Nana Mathes. All I've got to say is that these lab people better look out, because as soon as she returns home (she's away taking care of her ill parents who are in there 90s) I'm putting her on the case!! In the meantime, I guess I'll do what I can on my own...you know in my spare time between caring for my home, husband, 5 kiddos, homeschool, laundry, dishes, etc.

I literally had trouble regulating my breathing when he told me this and almost every time I've thought of it since.

Please pray that we will still get these results. Right now it so does not look good. :(

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying! Can only imagine the immense frustration with this issue.

    It seems so unlikely that the sample could have gotten lost that my first response is that if it is, it must be a God thing for some unexplained reason. Try to remember HE is in charge of even everything!

    ReplyDelete