Quote

Quote

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Minor Moments

I'm stealing and modifying this idea from another blog. "Minor Moments" will be a new thing on my blog. It'll be my way of sharing something little like a cute kid story, a toddler mispronunciation, something funny that happened, just some little something without providing the whole background story which I often feel I need to do but which sometimes takes too much time. You'll get the idea.

So here goes...

Minor Moments ~ Volume 1

Grace reviewing a math concept that I would have said she knew firmly...

Me: "Grace will you demonstrate 129"

Grace places 1 one hundred square, 2 tens, 9 ones in the appropriate frames.

Me: "very good, Grace"

Me: "now I would like you to add 2 more ones"

Grace places 2 ones in the ones frame.

Me: "Good. So now how many ones do you have in the ones frame."

Grace: "um, 1,2,3...11. There's 11."

Me: "Oh, so you have 11 ones in the ones place." I'm attempting to help her realize there's some action needed.

Grace: "um, yes"

Me: "So is it OK to leave 11 ones in the one place."

Grace: "ooooooh...no. No, Mommy."

Me: "Soooo, what do you need to do." Hoping she remembers the concept of renaming.

Grace: "Ummmm....(thinking, thinking)....throw some in the garbage." And she was as serious as a heart attack!!

I'm thinking we better review this concept a little bit more.


~~~~~~~~~~


Bella Peace puts one of my hooded zip up sweaters on herself. Then she puts the hood on. It looks like a robe on her and is dragging the ground.

Grace: "Oh, Bella Peace you look so 1850s."

Bella Peace (proudly): "Yes I DO!"

~~~~~~~~~~


Bella Peace is attempting to get into a cabinet. Wesley is blocking the door.

Bella Peace to her Daddy: "Schooch you big one."

~~~~~~~~~~


Sometimes I'm surprised by the level of maturity Grace shows. Other times I find myself asking, "whose the baby?"


~~~~~~~~~~

Mary Ruth and Elizabeth. At times, Elizabeth looks just like Mary Ruth. Baby E is getting so big!



~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke and Liz hanging out together right before bedtime. Lizzy LOVES Luke!!


~~~~~~~~~~~

A friend reminded me a couple of days ago that I have a blog. Hopefully this post will suffice until I can actually take some time to organize my thoughts and get something else done!

Hope you enjoyed Volume 1 of Minor Moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment