Quote

Quote

Saturday, January 1, 2011

1.1.11

Really I just wanted to record this historical date. Although there will be a similar date later this year: 11.11.11

Anyway, what a day. Well for me there was never really an official beginning time since I pretty much did not go to bed last night. It's so good that I function well with little sleep. Elizabeth was miserable and could not sleep. She could pretty much only sleep when she was being held upright in my arms. She was/is so stuffy, even if she had been sleeping I think I would not have slept. Since the risk of SIDS (something I've been more concerned this time) is higher when a child is stuffy or congested, even if she had been sleeping on her on I think I would probably have slept with one eye open to watch her chest as she breathed. If all that wasn't enough to add up to a long night, then we had a terrible storm with a lot of thunder and lightening. Wesley got up to go to work at his second job. I may not have mentioned that on the blog before, but he does a part time weekend paper route. The money sure helps our budget so, so much, but I hate for him to have to work so hard and miss sleep. Anyway, he didn't leave until the worst of the storm was over, but still I could not stand the thought of him having to drive in the dark and in the rain. So I stayed awake holding and rocking Baby E and praying for her and for her Daddy. Both Wesley and I took turns taking long naps today so I actually feel pretty rested. I've just finished balancing our checkbook. It's so much easier to do the finances with Quicken. I LOVE it!! Too bad Quicken does not add in money to help the budget when needed. Ha ha! Now I'm off to bed or maybe to watch Elizabeth sleep (she's sleeping in her bouncy seat tonight) and to pray. Happy New Year Day!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    We have a five bedroom house for sale in the neighborhood next to the church. Three bedrooms down, two up. Two full baths, two half baths. Just thought I would mention it.
    Hope you all are well soon.
    Love,
    Sandie Shaffer

    ReplyDelete