Quote

Quote

Thursday, October 14, 2010

~ 1 Month ~

*** I've been working on this post for over a week! Finally, composed over the course of several days, here it is!!! ***

Today Elizabeth is 1 month old! It has been a very eventful month!! This past week was no diffrent. It held many fun times and a few firsts. Here are the highlights!!

October 6 - Elizabeth's first smile!! She flashed her first real, wide awake, conscious smile at Rachael! The next day she gave her Daddy another beautiful smile. Since then, she's been smiling more and more every day!! I haven't captured the smile on camera yet. Maybe soon I can get her to smile for the camera!

October 7 - Mommy and Elizabeth got out for Girl's Night! We've been out a few other times, but not just for a fun outing. Elizabeth was a very good girl and slept peacefully in the Moby the whole time. I LOVE the Moby!! We limit a lot of contact for first 6 weeks or so to try to reduce the exposure to germs and such. The Moby is a great way to do this!!

Here's a picture of us as we were leaving for our outing. I'm wearing the Moby so that I won't have to try to figure it out once I got to where I was going. Poor baby's headband is almost in her eyes.


October 8 - Very, very busy day!! Yearbook pictures, field trips, errands, and so much more!! Elizabeth lost her umbilical cord! Look at this beautiful little belly button! Kind of bittersweet!


I think I've mentioned before, she loves to look in the mirror!!


October 9 - Mary Ruth's 5th Birthday!!! I'll have to do a separate post all about this big day (hopefully)!




One of Mary Ruth's birthday requests was for us to visit some of the grandparents. We went to my Mom's (aka Grandmother). My Mom was here the day Elizabeth was born, but we haven't got to see her since. My Dad, Cindy, and Savannah, my Brother and Priscilla, and several of "the Aunts" met Elizabeth for the first time.

Daddy and Cindy with Baby E


Wendell and Priscilla with Baby E



I can't believe I didn't get a picture of Mom and Elizabeth. Shame on me! Guess us she and I were too busy keeping up with everyone and everything.

October 10 - Now that the umbilical cord is gone, Elizabeth was able to have her first bath in a real tub. She's a girl, so of course she enjoyed it!!

October 12 - Elizabeth turned 4 weeks!! Mary Ruth and Elizabeth had well checks. Mary Ruth did well with her 5 year check except for her eye screening. Looks like we will be have a full exam with an eye doctor in the near future. The other big news for Mary Ruth is she is very close to meeting the recommendations for a booster car seat. She can't wait!!

Elizabeth also checked out well. She's up to 8 lbs 9 ozs and is 23 inches long. This has her in about the 25 percentile for weight and about the 90-95 percentile for length (at least I think that's right, can't find my paper with that info). This is pretty standard for our kiddos.

There's plenty more to catch up on but I'm all out of time! Until next time, here's a few other pictures.

BTW, I've SO loved this sweet pink and brown outfit, but it no longer fits. It was a newborn in size. Elizabeth is pretty much only wearing size 0-3 month clothes now. She's in a size 1 diaper. Her sleeping and eating are pretty much the same.








I LOVE this picture!!! Grace never, never, no not ever tires of Baby E!!




LOVE all these sleeping baby pictures!! LOVE my family to pieces!!! Praise the Lord, Great Things HE has done!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You have had a busy month! I can't believe Mary Ruth is 5! Actually, I can, we celebrated our 5th Anniversary a few weeks ago :) Love all the baby pictures of E! That polka dot outfit is too cute! I have a moby too and loved it with our little one! Its a life saver sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such great pictures! I especially love the one of Grace holding Elizabeth. Y'all aren't crazy about each other at all, are you? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the pictures!!! I am so pleased that you love your Moby!!!

    ReplyDelete