Quote

Quote

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

This and That

Just a few random things from this week.

You may remember from a previous post, I mentioned we recently attended my cousin's wedding. Well this week, Luke, Grace, and Mary Ruth played "wedding". If you spend any time with us at all, you know that our kids like to pretend EVERYTHING they see! They rotated pretending to be the preacher, bride, and groom. They had fake flowers and plastic rings. They looked adorable, but the funniest part was the things they said. When it was Mary Ruth's turn to be the preacher, she said to the bride and groom in the cutest 3 year old voice you've ever heard, "Now repeat after me, Jesus said, Let the little children come to me." Of course, Luke and Grace repeated it. Later on in the "ceremony" she said, "now it's time to hug and kiss." Finally at the end she said, "now that these two people are married, they are so happy they are going to throw flowers. We are all so happy for them, we are going to try to catch flowers." It was hysterical!!! Of course my favorite part was the "let the little children come to me." I think that's a great thing for a bride and groom to pray!

Speaking of weddings, Wesley and I are celebrating 12 years of marriage this week! It's been a wonderful 12 years. I remember vividly the first time I ever saw him, the first time we ever talked, what we said to each other, what we were each wearing the night he first asked me to go out with him, and especially our first phone conversation. We talked all night long. We talked about our dreams, and we had so much in common. It seemed that we were finishing each other's sentences even then. One of the things I remember most is us talking about wanting to have lots of children. I think that was part of how I knew he was "the one". We ended the call at about 5 or 6 in the morning. I went directly into my roommate's room, woke her, and said, "I've just hung up the phone with the guy I'm going to marry." He boarded a bus to go to a football game (he was in the band at U of A), slide into the seat next to his brother, and said, "I've met the girl I'm going to marry." When I think about that first phone call, I can't help but think, all my dreams have come true. I really never expected things to be this good in my life. I know that God gave me Wesley. Next to my salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ, Wesley is the greatest gift He's ever given to me! If you are reading this, Happy Anniversary, Wesley! I love you and am so thankful for you!

Sorry if that was too much mush for you all, but it was time for a "happy" post after so many sad ones. Speaking of happy if you were at Whitesburg Baptist Church this past Sunday, you might remember hearing the key to happiest in Brother Jimmy's sermon. I think it was one of the best sermon's I've ever heard. I'm told that you can download Bro. Jimmy's sermons from our church website. I haven't check that out, but if you missed it or don't attend our church you might be interested in checking it out. The website is www.whitesburgbaptist.org . It was seriously incredible, so check it out! Because of that sermon, Wesley and I plan to memorize all of Psalm 119! Sunday was actually the day of our anniversary, so it's kind of an anniversary goal. Our plan is to memorize it over the course of this next year of our marriage. Feel free to ask us how that's going, I think it would be good accountability to have people checking in on our progress.

This week has definitely had some better moments. One thing I'm struggling with is this crazy feeling of not wanting to feel happy. It seems if I find myself enjoying something, I think wait a minute, I'm not suppose to be happy right now. I'm still sad, I'm still angry, I don't want to be happy. I guess it's good that at least I'm aware of that. I'm trying to fight it. The battle right now is definitely with my thoughts. I guess that's were the battle usually is, right? I'm trying to take my thoughts captive, but it's hard.

Tomorrow I have a check-up with my doctor. It should be rather uneventful. I'm not expecting him to have any of the test results yet. It's just a check-up to see how I'm physically recovering. I'm dreading the visit. Three weeks ago tomorrow I walked in to his office excited to see our baby on ultrasound. Two weeks ago today, I gave birth to a son who is not in my arms. It's hard to believe that everything turned around so quickly. Life is just that way. Anything and everything can change in just one heartbeat. I'm trying to remember that and make these days count. I'm trying to look for the little blessings that are easy to take for granted.

On a lighter note, one of today's little blessings was free Chick-Fil-A breakfast! If you haven't heard, Chick-Fil-A is giving free breakfast every Tuesday in the month of June. It was a fun way to spend the rest of our morning after we got out of court. Yes, I said court. It's a long story that I will save for another time, but it involves me pleading not guilty to the charge of running a red light. Today was the hearing, my court date was set for August 11th. I did not run a red light, and I'm having my day in court!

Pray for me tomorrow. As soon as we have results, we will share the details.

Love,
Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. All Good to hear. And that poor cop .. he will regret the day he ever wrote YOU a ticket!

    :o) Dawn O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!! I love hearing you tell the story of when the 2 of you met and talked that first time. It shows that God really did put the two of you together. I'm praying that your doctor's appointment went well today.

    ReplyDelete