Quote

Quote

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Getting away for the weekend!

That's right! Wesley and I are leaving tomorrow morning for a weekend getaway! We have an agenda as we will be going to the CHEF (Christian Home Educators Fellowship) Convention in Birmingham. But, it's still a getaway for us. We are looking forward to it. We will however miss the kiddos. We've never been away from Bella Peace this long and only rarely been away from the others for this amount of time.

My last post was about how down I was. Unfortunately, it continued through all day on Sunday which did not make for the best Father's Day for Wesley. But, the sun came up on Monday and it was a new day with new mercies! Our week has been jammed packed! We had a friend out of Monday, and I was so encouraged by her visit. I think her visit helped me to get over my pity party. Then, of course, we could not miss our free Chick-Fil-A on Tuesday. This week we've also had really late nights with VBS. Our church did it at night for the first time that I am aware of. Getting there has been easier than getting there early in the morning, but the late nights have really taken a toll on everyone. We've also been making preparations for this weekend. Wesley and I have scratched many things off our "home projects to do" list, because we wanted the house in order before our get away weekend. It's so good to get things done! I like to cross things off my list!

On another note, my doctor's office called and said our results from genetic testing done on Joshua are in. My doctor has been on vacation and will review the results on Monday when he returns. We should be going in sometime next week to discuss those results. I'll post whatever we find out. I don't even know what pray for regarding the results. Ultimately, we would like to have other children. Beyond that, I guess all I can ask is to pray for peace and acceptance regardless of the results and for me to get to the place where I can truly say, "not my will, but Yours Lord."

Please also pray for Wesley's brother and his wife Matt and Heather. They have suffered greatly with infertility and very recently suffered the loss of a child as the result of a failed adoption. Tonight I heard of an adoption possibly for them. It would do all of our family good if God saw fit to bless them with this child that is due in 2 short weeks! "Only Your will God, not ours!"

Thanks for checking in and praying for us!

Love,
Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, nice to see you all getting some time out, and I hope you enjoyed your conference! We are keeping you in our prayers about the test results. Love, Hannah Sparks and boys :-)

    ReplyDelete