Quote

Quote

Monday, June 1, 2009

Back to Real Life

We've been away for a few days. We went out of town for a wedding and returned home this afternoon. It was a great weekend. The wedding was a small family wedding where family does it all, catering, decorating, food, pictures, etc. I enjoyed the wedding very much and actually had a pretty big role. Also, all of my children were involved. Needless to say, it was a very busy weekend.

I was unprepared for how hard returning home would be. I've been in great spirits for days. The morning started off good, and the trip home was good. But when I walked through my front door, something happened. Real life slapped me in the face. I've been extremely down ever since. Since the day we found out there might be a problem, I've had something to focus on. First it was whether or not there really was a problem. Then it was the hospital stay and delivery. Then it was arrangments for a funeral. Finally it was a wedding and trip out of town. But now, it's back to real life. Real life is very sad right now. In my real life, my baby is no longer with me and I miss him greatly.

After more than a week off, Wesley returns to work tomorrow. He's taken such good care of me. Pray that real life will be kind to me. Sorry to end on a down note...

Love,
Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for you a lot this week! Please let me know if I can help in any way. I'd be happy to watch the kids if you need some time to yourself, or if you want to just have them play and we can chat...let me know! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so sad to hear that you lost your baby. Mom told me right after she heard. I haven't called yet because I figured this week was going to be pretty hectic with traveling out of town for the wedding. I will try to call you tomorrow sometime. I have and will continue to pray for you and the family. Much love and may God bless you today and always.

    ReplyDelete