Quote

Quote

Saturday, June 20, 2009

New Bible Study and Some Nuggets from the Bible

Last night (Thursday night), I started a new Bible study by Kay Arthur, "How to Study Your Bible For Kids." Our group decided to do the kid version, because after all doesn't scripture say we should come as a child (Matthew 18:3). Even though we've just started the study, I felt like my eyes were more open when I read my Bible today. Maybe it could have also been the fact that I began my reading today with a prayer based on Luke 24:45 which says, "Then opened He their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures." I've been praying for a deeper relationship with my Lord and more of a hunger for His word. I've always heard, the more you are in the Word, the more you will want to be in the Word. Lately that has been true for me. Our study has started with the book of Titus, but I am personally also reading in Psalms and Proverbs right now. These are a few of the verses that jumped off the page for me yesterday and today:

Psalm 78:32 "For all this they sinned still, and believed not for his wondrous works." How true is this of me too! The author is talking about the children of Israel and how they still sinned against God and failed to trust Him even after witnessing/experiencing first hand so many great miracles. I started to think of all the of His wondrous works in my life and how I still struggle with trusting Him. Very convicting, but a great reminder to me to remember His wondrous works and trust Him!

Psalm 79:9 "Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name: and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for thy name's sake." Boy do I ever struggle in some areas! O, God purge away my sin, for your name sake! Purge away, purge away!

Psalm 108:12 "Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man." How often do I rely on someone to help me, come to my aid/rescue when I haven't sought God for help. I especially expect Wesley to "fix" everything. But, this verse reminded me only God can really "fix" what really needs "fixin". It's Him I should be running too! Of course, God can use "man" to help. Fortunately, He does use "my man" to help all the time!

Psalm 109:26-27 "Help me, O Lord my God: O save me according to thy mercy: That they may know that this is thy hand; that thou, Lord, hast done" This verse makes me think of so many areas in which I want to be able to say, look at what the Lord has done. And also so many areas in which I can say this about already. I would love this to me my testimony regarding the future of our family, more children, our finances, etc. I'm encouraged that this can be my testimony! I've just got to trust Him!

There were many more, but this is the last one for tonight:

Proverbs 19:23 "The fear of the Lord tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil." Isn't everyone looking to "abide satisfied" and to "not be visited with evil." What do you know, right here in God's Word, the recipe..."The fear of the Lord". Of course it does say "satisfied" not "indulged".

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been encouraged through His Word. I'm feeling quite "satisfied" at this moment. Hopefully when I get up 6 hours from now, I will also feel satisfied with the sleep I'm getting tonight! Ha!

Good Night!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment