Quote

Quote

Thursday, February 3, 2011

4 Months

Finally a 4 month post!!

Here's the official 4 month picture, although it's not my favorite. I had a lot of help on this picture! The kids have caught on to the fact that I do this, and everyone had a hand. Can you tell that Grace made the card!


Here's a look back

1 month


2 months


3 months


Here's a couple of my favorite pictures taken a couple days after Elizabeth turned 4 months old.



Elizabeth, Lizzy, Lizza, Lizza-bug, Lizzy Pooh, Dizza, Baby E - these are just a few on Elizabeth's nicknames. It's quite possible that no baby on Earth has ever been more loved.

Elizabeth, you are growing so fast. You are so smart and beautiful. So active, alert, and interactive with us. You like to try to imitate our silly faces. I even think you try to imitate our sounds sometimes. You get tickled and do a full body shimmy every time we smile at you.

You are still wearing 3-6 month clothing and size 2 diapers. At your 4 month appointment, you weighed 12 lbs even and were 25 inches long. I believe that you lost a little bit of weight while you were sick, but you seem to be on the rebound now.

You are still exclusively nursing about every 2-4 hours. It varies. You are becoming very, very interested in the things you see us put in our mouths. I'm thinking that we will be starting you on solids a little earlier than we'd planned/hoped. The big kids can't wait for this since they are looking forward to helping feed you. I only the other hand don't want to rush it!

You were sleeping through the night so good, and then you got RSV!!! Not good!! It was actually a pretty scary time. You had to sleep upright, so we put you in a bouncy seat at night to sleep for about 2 1/2 weeks. Since then, your nights and your naps are not on a real schedule, and well they are just off. We are working on that! Here's a picture of you sleeping in your bouncy during that time. No matter where or how you sleep, you like to stretch out!


Here's another precious sleepy picture!


For a few days you found your fingers and began to suck them. The same fingers that Grace sucked. We laughed and said that you looked like Mary Ruth sucking Grace's fingers. Hahaha!! Surprisingly, after a couple days you stopped trying and rekindled your love affair with your pacifier and your fist/hand. You aren't still trying to suck your fingers, but keep your fingers, hands, and fist in your mouth constantly.


You've got pretty good head control now, and you are so strong that we can even carry you around on our hip.

You roll both ways. When you were 2 1/2 months old, we counted 11/30/10 as your first roll from your belly to your back. Just a couple days before turning 4 months on 01/12/11, you rolled from your back to your belly for the first time. Even though you can roll both ways, you don't often do it. Maybe it's because you are not laid down much! :) Someone always wants to hold you. You LOVE being held so it's a win, win except for when everyone's busy and you scream your head off demanding to be held!

You giggle out loud all the time now. Your brother and sisters love to act silly and make you laugh!! It's music to my ears!!

Grace has gotten really good about being able to get you to sleep if it's time of a nap or if you are fussy. Grace is such a little Mommy. She treats you like you are her on. She has little need for a baby doll anymore. She's got the real thing!



One of your favorite times of the day is at night when you get your bath. We usually do this right after we get your brother and sisters to bed at night. You seem to know it's your time. You love your baths, and you LOVE to "talk" to us after bath time when we are getting you dressed. This is typically Daddy's job, unless he's working late. You must prefer Daddy to give your bath, because you always "talk" so much more with him. I said it was one of your favorite times, but it's one of our favorite times too!

I'm sure I'm forgetting things. I'm trying hard to etch these days into my memory forever. They go by so fast. Just so that I can remember, here are a few of my favorite things about you and our time together. I love the little bitty bald spot on the back of your head where you've rubbed your hair off. It's the only spot that you've lost any of your newborn hair. That little spot on the back of your head feels so smooth and sweet. I love the way you hold on to my shirt like a little monkey. I love to hold you sleeping in my arms. I love to snuggle with you in bed or on the couch. We don't get to do that very often, but I love it when we do. I love the way you light up when I look at you. I love the way your head feels in my hand. Growing so fast, but still so little. My hand completely covers the back of your head. I love how you love me and Daddy, Luke, Grace, Mary Ruth, and Bella Peace.

Here's a few other pictures to mark your journey from 3 to 4 months.

A picture of you from your first Christmas at about 3 1/2 months


I just realized that almost all these sweet pictures were taken while you were in the bouncy seat. You really don't spend that much time in the bouncy seat. I guess that's just when I remember to grab the camera! Or maybe that's just when I am free to grab the camera!! :)



In this last picture, you are just starting to hold, grip, and play with toys like this precious lamb rattle. You look so much like Mary Ruth in this picture!


We Love You, Lizzy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment