Quote

Quote

Monday, July 19, 2010

Unloading

So I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed! I've got about 9 weeks until Elizabeth arrives and SO VERY MUCH TO DO better she gets here. We've got so many projects we need to complete, clothes to unpack and wash (haven't quite figured out where I'm going to put all the baby clothes and gear), we're about to start back to school full time, and so much more. Plus we still don't have a new (by new I mean new to us) vehicle that will fit us all. AND, this whole sugar things is stressing me out!! The first couple of days went well, but since then it seems that my sugar is still a too high even though I'm following the diet exactly! The frustrating part is I'm questioning myself a lot and wondering if I missed something or if I'm doing something wrong. I have another appointment with the Diabetes Control Center next week for them to check my food journal and blood sugar readings to evaluate how I'm doing, but that seems like forever away. I'm spending a lot of time, energy, and thought into planning my meals and measuring out everything, but it seems it's not working. On top of that, I feel like I'm getting bigger by the second (probably just my imagination, but the diet they have me on does require me to eat more than I was eating before) and am starting to worry about Elizabeth coming early or being really, really big when born (these are the two major risk to her with gestational diabetes). So as you can see, I've got a lot on my mind! I go back to my OB doctor this Thursday, and I'm really hoping that he can put my mind at ease a little. Of course I know that the only true source of peace in through the Lord, so please pray with me! Thanks for allowing me to get all that off my chest. Now, I must get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment