Quote

Quote

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Mary Ruth and Wesley

We've celebrated a couple of birthdays in the past couple weeks in the Minor household. Mary Ruth turned 4 years old on October 9th and Wesley turned 38 years old on October 17th. We 1st had a small family celebration at home on the 9th for Mary Ruth. Wesley and I gave her a big girl bike. She looks so cute and proud on it! She's getting so big!


Then, we went to Tuscaloosa for the weekend and celebrated with family. Of course, Mary Ruth loved all the attention! We have so much fun with family in Tuscaloosa. My mom and dad are both from big families so it when everyone is together, it always seems like a party.



We like to take a family picture on each person's birthday. Here we all are holding up 4 fingers in honor of Mary Ruth's 4th birthday. Mary Ruth is wearing some new clothes she got for her birthday and a pair of Strawberry Shortcake glasses. Precious!


This is Mary Ruth with Grandmother (my mom).

We were barely over our sugar high when Wesley's birthday rolled around the next weekend. We celebrated his last Saturday in between him working in the morning and going to a WBCS reunion in the afternoon. Wesley loves cheesecake (who doesn't!), so instead of a traditional cake we had cheesecake! It was the best cheesecake I've ever had in my life!!! We actually bought it about 2 months ago. Costco had it on demo, and we got a sample and loved it. They said it was on sale and it would freeze well, so we got one. It was advertised as a $45 cheesecake on sale for $15. We had a hard time believing it was really that expensive at regular price, but later I check out the website on the box and sure enough it sells for $50 online. It sure tasted like a $50 cheesecake!!! I hope Costco puts it on sale again soon! Here's a picture of Wesley being silly. Notice the kids are holding up their fingers like we did in Mary Ruth's picture :)


And here's a couple of pictures of the two guys I love most in this world! Luke adores his Daddy and tries to be just like him in every way, everyday. He especially loves to dress just like Daddy. I just love it!



I've mentioned that I have had hard times off and on the past few of months. What I haven't mentioned is that Wesley has been so good to me through it all. He is such Godly man, a wonderful husband, and terrific daddy. I'm so grateful and blessed to have him. I love you, Wesley!

4 comments:

  1. I love the pics of Mary Ruth... She's such a doll. Reagan really enjoyed her goodie bag from the party. I wish she could of been there for the celebration. Those pics of Wes & Luke are so precious, definitely frame-worthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday to Mary Ruth & Wesley! It looks like y'all had a great time (LOVE the Strawberry Shortcake party!) & took some great pictures. I love the pictures of Wesley & Luke. So sweet! You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are updating somewhat regularly again :-) Thanks for sharing - Lovin all the pics!!!

    Dawn O.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on the Cheesecake, Wes. I do not understand why people even make regular cake.

    ReplyDelete