Quote

Quote

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Who Knew?

Who knew how far a little gratitude and some new blankets would go?

OK, so this post is going to be all over the place.  And probably long, but pictures will be at the end.  Now brace yourself.

I've done a pretty good job of painting a good picture of the past 2 days with my fun blog posts, and mostly they've gone very well.  BUT the rest of the story is that I've been fighting a little self pity, because my plans have been seriously messed up.

Here's the story...A while back, Wesley requested a couple of days off from work so that we could take a fall break/mini vacation.  Second only to the beach in places to vacation is Kentucky.  Yep, Kentucky!  More specifically a family in Kentucky.  It's a really long and painful story, but we were actually supposed to go there this past weekend and it just wasn't to be.  :(  I grieved that disappointed for a while, but then I got really excited about our "staycation".  You've heard of "staycations", right?  It's when you stay at home for vacation.  We planned several free things to enjoy right here close to home.  And we were all very excited.  Then it happened, we started getting sick.  Elizabeth had been dealing with a little bit of a cold.  Then I got it bad.  Then Bella Peace got it.  And finally Elizabeth got it again.  Don't you just love when it goes full circle like that.  Even better or I should say worse is when Mama gets it!  UGH!!  So the staycation turned into a for real stay at home situation.  Can I just say that I was SO DISAPPOINTED!!  I mean it seems to always happen this way.

Wesley did manage to get out a couple times with the big kids and have some fun, and while I am really, really glad that they got to get out, it did not help my feeling any.  I was just disappointed a lot that I was the one stuck at home sick and taking care of the sick little ones.  BUT finally yesterday something changed.  I decided that I should do my best to have a good attitude and to enjoy the time with just the Littles.  So we did.  Bella Peace and I taught Elizabeth how to do the Hokey Pokey.  Cutest.Thing.Ever!!  And we played Hide-and-Seek together.  And we played a matching game.  And when we heard the others get home we ran and hide and played Sardines adding each person as they came in the house and found us.  Funniest part of that Wesley came in the house last and called out, "Where is everybody?"  From Luke's bedroom closet, Elizabeth yelled, "Daddy we are in the closet!!"  Ha!!  We all bursted out laughing!  Guess she needs more instruction on how to play Sardines!

Well after that things have been so much better, and my mind set has greatly improved.  Funny how a little gratitude and thankfulness always cures my case of "woe-is-me".

Transitioning to a new topic....today I washed all the bed linens.  I mean all the bed linens.  My washer and dryer were in constant use for about 12 hours, because I washed the sheets, mattress covers, comforters, pillow shams, and extra blankets that needed to be added to the beds now that it's getting cold.  I wanted to add an extra blanket to everyone's bed and it was just time to strip them down and get everything good and clean especially since we are all finally on the mend.  Ahhhh...I LOVE clean, fresh  sheets and blankets!  Don't you?

Well it was extra special for the girls, because I added brand new blankets to their beds.  Have you ever heard of the store Dirt Cheap?  Well if you haven't you should find out if their is a location near you, because it's incredible!  And even more incredible is my amazing mom and the steals that she brings home from that store.  She picked up these beautiful, warm, pink, new blankets for the girls.  A couple years ago she gave Luke one in brown, but since then she's been purchasing pink ones as she found them so that she could give each girl her own pink one.

When I tucked the girls into bed tonight, I said, "You want to know what beds in Heaven feel like?"  They were all like, "Well YES!"  Then I pulled back the covers and tucked each one in.  I wish I could have captured their reaction on video.  I don't have video, but I did grab the camera and take several pictures as they were ooooooing and ahhhhhhing like I do when I get a good piece of chocolate!  SO CUTE!!




Silly girls, laughing and refusing to open their eyes!



"Good Night!!"


I knew they would like them, but I was not expecting this kind of reaction?! Seriously they all just closed their eyes and melted.  I tried to get them to open their eyes for pictures, but they all refused!  Grace was the ring leader and insisted that she was too cozy to open her eyes.  Pretty, new, warm, clean, pink blankets...who knew?!

Thank you, Grandmother!!




1 comment:

  1. You are such a loving, fun, sweet Momma. Your children are so blessed and I'm sure they know it! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete