Quote

Quote

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Evolution of a Swimsuit

I'm SOOOOOO excited to write this post! Today I purchased a new swimsuit!! Folks this is a really big deal for me! The last swimsuit I purchased was way back before Luke was born. Luke is 8 years old!!! A LOT has happened to my body in those years!!!!

Since then I've not really done a lot of swimming or even had many opportunities, and when I have I've just made do because most of the time I was either pregnant or nursing and I really did not want to buy a maternity swimsuit. A friend gave me a maternity swimsuit that I had for a while, and while I was grateful to have it it really never fit great nor was it really my style. I did wear it a few times though, I just kept a t-shirt and/or shorts on over it. That's mostly what I've done over the past 8+ years...wore an old swimsuit with something over it.

It looks like I might be in the water more this year, so I decided it was time. We maybe going on vacation very soon. Note to Nana: noticed I said MAYBE! :) Also so far none of the kiddos know how to swim. Luke and Grace got close last year, but we really want to get that done this year.

In addition to the other reasons that I mentioned before (not in the water a lot, pregnant/nursing constantly), another reason I haven't bought a swimsuit in so long is because I would look and look for one and eventually gave up time and time again. I've been looking for one that I would feel comfortable in. One that would keep me covered even with a baby on my hip and other children holding and pulling on me. One that looked modern but also modest. One that was affordable. I really think I've found all of that, and a very sweet stay at home mom named Amy is custom making me this swimsuit!! It should come in sometime later next week. I have a very fun post planned for when I get it, and I will share pictures!! Aren't you excited, too!!

2 comments:

  1. That is very exciting! Wow, and you're having it custom made for you- Cool!! I won't mention that I wore one just the other day, at 37 weeks pregnant, and sat in a plastic baby pool to stay cool. Hey at least we weren't hosting a lemonade stand. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I finally broke down and bought a new one a few nights in anticipation of a weekend on the water.

    Thinking about you lots today and hoping you are well. :)

    ReplyDelete