Quote

Quote

Monday, January 20, 2014

Here I go again

So I never planned to quit blogging, but somehow I did.  Now I'm ready to give it another try.  Of course, I love the idea of blogging to share fun photos and to document fun family times, but I'll admit that my major motivation for blogging again is Anna Love.  I really want to document Anna Love's birth and first year of life.  I used blogging to do this with Elizabeth, and I LOVE looking back at her birth story and first year.  I like it so much better and find it easier than my paper baby books for the other kiddos.  My plan is that at the end of this first year I will use the blog to print a baby book for Anna Love...best of both worlds, right?!  So if you are looking for something really profound, I can't promise you that.  In fact, my blogs are unashamedly going to pretty much be all about my family, my kiddos, and my newest bundle of "Love"!!  Sooooooo....let's go!!

I'm just going to go ahead up front and say that some of my details may be TMI for some.  You have been warned.

Just so I can remember this, I want to record details about my 37 and 38 week appointments.  Last Monday, I was off the hook excited to go to the doc.  All my numbers looked good.  I had an ultrasound and everything looked GREAT!! Anna Love was estimated to weigh around 6 lbs 9 oz.  I'm told this weight could be off by about 1 lb either way.  Dr. C said I hadn't started to thin out at all and baby is high.  Heart rate was great!!  Also I was just barely starting to dilate.  Not too much happening.  Dr. C predicted I'll go to my due date or really close to it.

Today is Monday again and I went back to the doctor.  Once again I'm measuring perfectly on target and all my numbers look excellent.  Now Anna Love is predicted to weight about 7 lbs 3 ozs.  YIKES!!  I was a little bit surprised that she showed such a weight gain, because I had actually lost 1 lb.  If I'm looking at 2 more weeks and she continues gaining at this rate, she'll definitely be my biggest baby yet!!  Also I've made a tiny bit of progress, and I'm dilated to 1 cm now.  Doc says my cervix is still thick and baby is still fairly high.  Once again he predicts that I'll go to my due date or within a day of so of that due date.  He's basing this prediction on what he is seeing from me now and my history.  

For a variety of reasons, we have discussed and agreed on an induction plan if I do end up going all the way to my due date.  I'm SOOOOOOO excited!!  Can't wait to hold this sweet, sweet baby girl!!

Here's a pic from today.  38 weeks!!



As I'm mentioned I'm super excited, but I'm also anxious.  I'm anxious about something going wrong, about something happening to me or Anna Love.  About my delivery not going as planned.  About something happening that would result in a c-section.  About Anna Love not being healthy.  About Anna Love being a really big baby.  About my mom making it to town in time for the birth.  About everything being perfect for the kiddos and for other grandparents.  I have a big list of requests that I've presented to the Lord.  Some down right irrational and trivial.  Some important.  BUT when I just stop and be still before the Lord, ultimately my spirit says, "Lord I want what you want for me, for Anna Love, and for our family.  Whatever that may be.  Have your way."  And ultimately I trust Him.  I totally do.  With that in mind and since today is MLK day, I'd like to share this passage from the last speech he made the day before he was assassinated.  I LOVE THIS!!

Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land. So I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.

Blessings to all!!
Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Yeah and welcome back! Can't wait to hear over the next several weeks. Loved your Christmas card!
    And you look great! So tiny for so far along!

    ReplyDelete