Quote

Quote

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Getting Back to Normal

I think things have finally settled down from the holidays and are getting back to normal for the Minor family, maybe even better than normal. In addition to the holidays, we've been busy celebrating Luke's birthday. He turned 6 years old on January 2, and we had a great time celebrating with him. We have lots of other exciting things going on including losing teeth (Luke) and getting teeth (Bella Peace). It's been fun, but I'm glad to get back to the regular routine. We took off from homeschool almost the entire month of December, and it was hard to start back. We actually got started back even later than we had planned, because my uncle died expectantly on New Year's Eve. He was young, only in his late 40s. Our entire family was shocked and devastated. I'm afraid his family may never know normal again. He left behind a wife, 3 daughters (1 married, 1 engaged, and 1 still in high school), a grandson, and lots of other extended family and friends. He will be greatly missed by all. We were blessed to spend some good times with him on Christmas day. He was being silly and having a good time with our kids. I'm glad our family has these happy memories of him.

One of the things that have contributed to a good week for our family is a new Bible study I've just started called "Downpour". I am loving it!!! I'm sure I will write alot more about this study at another time. A study like this helps me to be accountable. I've been more faithful this week in my prayer life and bible reading. I love how when you invite the Lord to visit with you, he's always eager to come. In fact, he's been waiting on the invitation and sorry we've not spent time with Him in a while. He's never too busy or never has something else to do. We had a few really hard days after the holidays, but this week has been so much better. The difference is that He has been ever present in our days this week (more than normal for me), and I am very grateful. When we accept it, he offers us a peace that passes all understanding. I pray that my uncle's family might know this peace as they search for a new normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment